blood problem

All things Blood.

Moderator: Moderators

Rat

blood problem

Post by 1130211 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:48 pm

I used the instructions on this site to make blood playable on my Xp without DOS because my computer is too slow for DOS. The thing is that the first level of blood the turning with mouse look is smooth, but the second level turning horizontally and vertically is very jerky and sluggish. I did everything as follows with the instructions although I cannot get the VLp shortcuts to work so I made a .bat file.

@echo off
CLS
C:
CD \
CD Blood
BMOUSE
NOLFB
CLi2NOP
DOSDRV
Blood

I am also using BMOUSE, it seems to help a little bit with the horizontal, but not much. I don't care about the vertical movement simply because I heard its sort-of a hack. Anyway I was wondering if any person could help more or give me some tweaks/tips to work with.

thanks.

Rat

Re: blood problem, no music

Post by 1130211 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:40 pm

I got blood working fast enough, but now I have a problem with no music. I have tried every combination of music in the setup. Blood is located at: "C:\Blood"

and I use a .bat file to start it

@echo off
CLS
C:
CD \
CD Blood
NOLFB
CLi2NOP
DOSDRV
Blood

Rat

Re: blood problem

Post by 1130211 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm

so I got music to work by right clicking the .bat and clicking run with vdm sound. Even though it is running with vdm sound. Anyway now the game runs really slow as before. I think I figured out the problem the game runs slow due to the audio tracks. Is there anyway to fix this? I really love the audio of this game and this is the thing that (in my opinion) 1 ups Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior.