Odd blood crash, unable to play

All things Blood.

Moderator: Moderators

Peace Aversion
Bat

Odd blood crash, unable to play

Post by Peace Aversion » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:30 pm

Ok, I got Blood 1 working like a gem...or so I thought. I got past the first level, and just in the very beginning of the second level, I picked up either the shotgun or a box of flares...I can't remember which was first...and my screen froze. The game was still responding to input, as I could shoot, move, and whatnot, but the screen stayed frozen in one frame with a bit of discoloration near the bottom.

No problem, I think. I close down blood, and restart it. It starts up, and I can hear the demo running, but I have the same screen as when I crashed, that is, facing the inside of a train car with the shotgun.

I thought it might be something with the settings for my monitor...so I opened the game setup, and tried all the available settings.
Well, the problem persists, except instead of the freeze-frame of the inside of the train car, I get a plain black screen. I can still hear the game responding, but seeing nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know what I might do to try and fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:07 am

What a bummer! :cry: Have you installed the Sound Blaster fix? ive never experienced anything like that.This sounds dumb but is your hard disc in need of a defrag? i had some problems with Blood on Win98 when my hard drive was all over the place,but i dont think it matters with NTFS.Maybe try deleting the shortcut to Blood and replacing it.Try re-patching it etc,or a complete reinstall.Im pretty sure you can "save" your saves.Sorry i cant be of more help,maybe a more tech savvy Bloodite can help. :)
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!