Problems running blood

All things Blood.

Moderator: Moderators

vood

Problems running blood

Post by vood » Sat May 14, 2005 1:28 pm

hi!

i have installed "Blood" but i cannot run the game.

Code: Select all

src\loadsave.cpp<501>: File error #11 loading save file header.
what can i do?

Lord Molder
Cultist

Whaaaa?

Post by Lord Molder » Sun May 15, 2005 12:32 pm

I have never seen that error before :shock: What version of Blood u got?,and try a complete re-install of Build XP from the beginning if you havent already.Exactly how are you installing everything?
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

AndiNo
Bat

Post by AndiNo » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:55 pm

I've got exactly the same problem. My error message is

src\demo.cpp(510): File error #11 loading demo file header.
Then I deleted the demos and I could start the game. I could see the menu background, but there were no menu-points to select. I could however enter level one after pressing enter several times - but then the game crashed while loading and another error message popped up:

src\asound.cpp(203): Missing sound #35 used in ambient sound generator 4
These error messages appeared after I did everything like it is written in "Build on XP", too, so it seems that Build XP has nothing to do with these errors.

Because this was very mysterious, I started the game with DosBox, and everything was there, I could even play the game --- with a handful of FPS^^
I don't know why these errors appear on XP... it seems like Blood can't load some files, but it can with DosBox???
btw: I have WinXP Pro SP2 and I downloaded Blood one time from Underdogs and the second time from Nestlesux, this means it has nothing to do with the game itself...especially when it works with DosBox...
Does anybody know a solution to this? I never played Blood before and I want to listen to "Ta Da"! :D

Marco
Rat

Post by Marco » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:58 am

Willis,

I wanted to let you know the results I got by trying your configuration as referenced on the tech support page for the blood forums. I did everything you said except install my games to the directories you mentioned. The only reason I didn't use the C:\Games\Blood\ setup is because I run a dual-boot using Win98 and WinXP. My XP OS is setup to work with my "D" drive rather than my "C" drive. But I did go into my desktop shortcut for the game (using the pre-prepared shortcut you gave) and changed the properties to point the program to my "D" drive rather than my "C" drive. That seemed to take care of that okay and the only problem I had with launching the game was a message I got during launch that said, "Unhandled exception encountered while loading". But the game went ahead and launched nonetheless. My sound was especially crackly when the first demo came up. My music was much smoother but intermittantly slower at times. Control of the game was fine otherwise; in fact rather smooth. The main thing was the sound. So I don't know. Do you have any thoughts on it?

Thanks,

Mark Anders
Fellow Horror-genre FPS fanatic and
New forum member

itti
Bat

Post by itti » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:21 pm

i have exactly the same problem as AndiNo. i tested it on two different computers with two different original blood cds. blood cannot open certain files, i tink. perhaps this has to do something with xp sp2. i remember beeing able to run blood on xp something like a year ago.

what can i do? very strange problem.

AndiNo
Bat

Post by AndiNo » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:19 pm

@itti
I don't think there is anybody who will post a solution in here, because I waited for more than 2 months and there is still no solving post...

But it may have to do with SP2, I didn't have Blood before SP2 so I can't tell you :(
If you're going to re-install Windows with SP1 or without and Blood runs, you may post it here so that I know if that was the problem.

But there must be more users that have SP2 installed and play Blood?! Else there wouldn't be the 'Build XP'-thing. Strange...

itti
Bat

Post by itti » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:47 pm

yeah. it´s a really strange problem. even in the vogons forum nobody knows the problem. sp2 comes with a new compiled windows kernel and some extensions to guard the system from buffer overruns. perhaps this is the problem. i don´t know really. it´s sad that blood won´t run outside of dosbox now.

i think the best way is to wait another 1-2 years for XEN virtualisation technology beeing realised in hardware. then we could easily switch between real dos and windows and linux and so on.

nimrod
Rat

Post by nimrod » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:22 pm

i´ve reinstalled and start it with d-fend http://members.home.nl/mabus/dfend.htm

but i have sound erros and to less fps, what can i do to change that

the profile:

[cpu]
cycles=30000
core=normal
cycleup=500
cycledown=20

[dosbox]
machine=vga
memsize=63
language=
captures=G:\Programme\D-Fend\Capture

[sdl]
output=surface
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=true
fullfixed=false
fullresolution=Default
hwscale=1.00
autolock=false
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt

[render]
scaler=normal2x
frameskip=30
aspect=false

[sblaster]
type=sb16
base=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
mixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplrate=22050

[gus]
gus=false
rate=22050
base=240
irq1=5
irq2=5
dma1=1
dma2=1
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

[midi]
mpu401=true
intelligent=true
device=default
config=

[speaker]
pcspeaker=true
pcrate=22050
tandyrate=22050
disney=false

[dos]
xms=true
ems=true

[mixer]
nosound=false
rate=22050
blocksize=2048
prebuffer=10

[modem]
modem=false
listenport=23
comport=COM2

[directserial]
directserial=false
Comport=COM1
realport=1
defaultbps=1200
parity=N
bytesize=8
stopbit=1

[ipx]
ipx=false

[autoexec]
mount C "C:\"
C:
cd\
cd Blood\
blood.exe

can any1 say me the right settings?

edit: jeah i found winblood:

http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/s ... ber=810421

Thrakath
Bat

Post by Thrakath » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:11 am

Try using the newest Beta Version of VDMSound 2.1.0 instead of the 2.0.4 of the Build XP Guide...This solved all problems on my machines running XPSP2

Greets Thrak

jonny5

Post by jonny5 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:40 pm

I've only ever been able to run Blood under Dosbox with Dynamic CPU enabled. Normal lags worse than it does under Windows. If you really, really fiddle with the BuildXP instructions you will probably have a better end result than you will under Doxbox.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:16 pm

Thrakath wrote:Try using the newest Beta Version of VDMSound 2.1.0 instead of the 2.0.4 of the Build XP Guide...This solved all problems on my machines running XPSP2

Greets Thrak
This solved my Sound FX Problem. I can now play Blood with Sound FX and Music!

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:28 am

I got the game running ok, sounds and music included, in the 20 megs rar file I downloaded from a french site (applying the XP Built tips that is). I'm currently getting the full Iso ('bout 130 megs) but I already fear it might not work.
I've played this game before, but without the cinematics. It sucks to beat it only to see the credits.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Sorry to bump but you should remember to patch your blood first. http://postmortem.edgegaming.com/?page=mm_files

If you only have Blood get 1.0 to 1.11, If you have Cryptic Passage install that first which will want to patch Blood to 1.02 then install Plasma Pak and get the Plasma patch to 1.11. If you have One Unit Whole Blood 1.21 the nothing is necessary