Need help, please.

All things Blood.

Moderator: Moderators

Assassin

Need help, please.

Post by Assassin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:07 am

Hello all blood fans,

I have downloaded Blood from the internet (Don't worry, I have the original CD but it broke). And i need some help with the sound files.

It says in the readme file that if i want to play the music the CD has to be inserted, now what i want to know is are the sound files .wav format? and in which exact directory are they placed? so i can burn a CD with the sound files and play them.

Even better, if anyone knows how to make the game work with music but without needing the CD it would be great.

Thank you in advance, and many thanks for the BuildXP guide!

Ephemeral
Cultist

Post by Ephemeral » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:54 pm

You have to burn a "Mixed-Mode-CD", meaning the first track has to be the data (you can use some dummy files for that, or the zip file you downloaded ), and the other tracks the actual songs(You can get them here). So this basically is an audio cd, playable in every cd-player, except that the first track is data, not music.

You can also just use the midi songs... I for one like that better... :D

Assassin

Post by Assassin » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:30 am

Thanks for the reply, i will buy a CD today and try that.

But tell me, should the 'dummy' track be called "Track01.wav" like the others? and does it's size matter? I don't think there's any actual data inside track01

Ephemeral
Cultist

Post by Ephemeral » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:31 pm

No, size doesn't matter( ;)), as long as it is not some hundred MB. You have a basic misunderstanding about the structure of this CD though: the first track is data, the rest is music. These are different file formats. Neither of these tracks has a .wav extension. Put an audio cd in your drive, and you won't see .wav files.

But you don't really have to care about this, you just have to remember to select "Mixed-Mode-Cd" in your burning program(are you using Nero?), and it will have two different sections, one for 'data' and one for 'music'. Drop some random files or your Blood zip file in the data section, and the mp3 files into the audio section, and they will automatically be transcoded to cd audio files(look here for more information about the audio file format). Then you can burn the CD.

Good luck!

By the way, even if you burn the CD correctly, you will maybe run into problems afterwards, as to being able to hear music ingame... I think there are some threads about it already.