Unable to get adapter status - NetBIOS not useable...why?

All things Blood.

Moderator: Moderators

BenjaminSullivan
Rat

Unable to get adapter status - NetBIOS not useable...why?

Post by BenjaminSullivan » Mon May 11, 2009 4:29 am

I have 4 computers in my room, 3 of them are using Windows XP Pro and one is using XP Home Edition.

I installed blood on all of them, and it works great on all of them for single player. I can get three of them to connect for flawless multiplayer (the one with Home Edition and 2 of the XP Pros) and I did by using Commit 1.4 and I did not even need to install the IPX/NetBIOS protocols.

All I did was use Commit 1.4 and the three connect through a "NetBIOS" game. My fourth computer, that has XP Pro, does not want to connect for some reason. When I use commit 1.4, it gives me the error "Unable to get adapter status - NetBIOS not useable." The other two XP Pros and the Home Edition don't have a problem, but this one does. I even installed IPX protocols and it still will not work.

When I use VDM and use the "Enable low-level network support" then the multiplayer screen starts up with the "Looking for network players...." but it will not connect to the other three becasue the other three connect with "NetBIOS" and this one only wants to use "IPX". I even made sure the socket number was the same and that all computers used the same commit and blood version.

Apparently, there is a NetBIOS built into Windows XP, because my two XP Pros and one Home Edition connect to it just fine using commit 1.4 and without having NetBIOS/IPX protocols installed, but for some reason the third XP Pro machine doesn't seem to detect it at all.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Much help is appreciated. Thank you.