blood on XP

All things Blood.

Moderator: Moderators

APEDEMAK
Rat

blood on XP

Post by APEDEMAK » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:48 pm

Hey folks...My problem is this. Anytime I try to install Blood or Blood 2 on XP, the computer gives me a message that says
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application." It does this when I just pop the cd into the drive for auto install or when I open winexplorer and try to just double-click on the install file in the cd directory. What is the solution for this? Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Apedemak

Lord Molder

Blood install NT error message

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:41 am

Gudday,here is a fix for ya,go to the following folders. Windows,then Repair,and then copy the file Autoexec.nt and paste it into the System 32 folder,that should do it {that file sometimes gets deleted coz of spyware or some crap} now you should be able to install.

Solo
Cultist

Post by Solo » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:06 pm

Yeah I just got Blood this morning and it dosen't run on windows XP...but the share ware dose.

I don't get it.

pete4218
Rat

Post by pete4218 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:21 am

I didn't have problems installing it on XP - but I didn't use the Autostart crap.

Insert the Blood-CD into your DVD / CD-Drive and exit the Austostart menu when it pops up.
Click on "Start" -> "Run" - Type in "cmd" and a Dox-Box opens.

Change to the CD drive that holds your Blood CD (i.e. "F:") and type "install".

Follow the installation process - create a desktop shortcut to the Blood.exe and follow the instructions how to configure the programm as it is described on other parts of this forum - then you'll be able to play.

For me this method worked only confguring the game in the setup.exe using normal video mode - no VESA mode did work for me. This was only possible by doing all the stuff described on this site: http://buildxp.deathmask.net/

Enjoy - and happy blooding 8)

Elizabeth
Zombie

Post by Elizabeth » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:06 pm

Blood runs like a water fall but i can't help but notice that Duke Nukem 3D runs better.
You kids better learn not to play so rough, somebodys gonna start crying.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:44 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Blood runs like a water fall but i can't help but notice that Duke Nukem 3D runs better.
Dont forget JonoF`s Duke port.
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!