BuildXP needs update to BuildXPSP2

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

kevingpo
Zombie

BuildXP needs update to BuildXPSP2

Post by kevingpo » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:44 pm

I got Blood v1.0 working under Windows XP Service Pack 2. It can run without VDMSound, nolfb, and cli2nop. Ofcourse if you want sound you have to use VDMSound. Nolfb and cli2nop didn't make much difference. Blood v1.10 crashes on me. I have yet to try Blood v1.20. Blood under Service Pack 2 is much much slower than I last ran Blood under Service Pack 1a.

If I wanted a LAN game of Blood, the majority will be Windows XP. So installing a Windows 98 SE partition won't help us as a whole. DOSBox is the worst running Blood, and second is MS Virtual PC 2004. (ofcourse, they are emulators/virtual environments).

I really hope MonoLith releases original Blood source code, just as they have just released Blood 2 source code. I really want to see the original Blood 1 game running the fastest, smoothest under Windows XP with client/server multiplayer support.

Lord Molder

Blood on XP

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:01 am

Somehow i dont see it happening.I would not mind betting they have lost the source code,why release blood 2 code before blood 1? {and lets face it we all know Blood 2 sucks...} what have they got to lose? I guess we have to keep an eye on Winblood for the time being,but have you tried Transfusion? its not the same as real Blood but its a noble enough effort.

kevingpo
Zombie

Re: Blood on XP

Post by kevingpo » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:11 pm

Lord Molder wrote:Somehow i dont see it happening.I would not mind betting they have lost the source code,why release blood 2 code before blood 1? {and lets face it we all know Blood 2 sucks...} what have they got to lose? I guess we have to keep an eye on Winblood for the time being,but have you tried Transfusion? its not the same as real Blood but its a noble enough effort.
I haven't tried Transfusion yet but the screenshots don't look too bad. It's also the feel that counts. I love Blood for the fast pace, head-bobbing, low-gravity gameplay. I like jumping all over the place and using the WASD-mouse-controls combination. It feels and reminds me of playing Quake 3 Arena CPMA/OSP modes.

And yeah I totally agree. Why release Blood 2 source code? I didn't like the game because it lost the Blood 1 feel. Am not sure, but isn't Blood 1 owned by Atari, and Blood 2 by MonoLith?

Lord Molder

Atari sux!!!

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:14 pm

Yep its owned by Atari.I just hope that its released.What folks have been able to do with the Quake engine and Doom engine would be awsome in Blood,and it can be done,they just need that bloody code.........

kevingpo
Zombie

Post by kevingpo » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:33 am

Yep, 1.00 runs fine. 1.11 crashes. 1.20 runs fine.

Then I heard people have 1.24. Where do they get this????

oBe
Bat

Post by oBe » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:52 am

It's probably 1.21 you mean. That's one unit whole Blood (the collected pack).

I got it with XPSP2 and Blood runs actually fine with it too without cli2nop and nolfb. Though there is a slight delay in gameplay and music. It's not that horrible, but it does make some jumps harder.

kevingpo
Zombie

Post by kevingpo » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:49 pm

oBe wrote:It's probably 1.21 you mean. That's one unit whole Blood (the collected pack).

I got it with XPSP2 and Blood runs actually fine with it too without cli2nop and nolfb. Though there is a slight delay in gameplay and music. It's not that horrible, but it does make some jumps harder.
Hmm, do you think version 1.20 and your verison 1.21 will be compatible over Kali?

Ephemeral
Cultist

Re: BuildXP needs update to BuildXPSP2

Post by Ephemeral » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:48 am

kevingpo wrote:I got Blood v1.0 working under Windows XP Service Pack 2. It can run without VDMSound, nolfb, and cli2nop. Ofcourse if you want sound you have to use VDMSound. Nolfb and cli2nop didn't make much difference. Blood v1.10 crashes on me. I have yet to try Blood v1.20. Blood under Service Pack 2 is much much slower than I last ran Blood under Service Pack 1a.
I don't know what's wrong here. I believe nobody has sorted out yet, why it runs for some people and for other it doesn't. And I think we never will. :( By the way, the last regular Blood Version is 1.11. 1.20 is the alpha 3dfx patch, so most likely it is quite buggy. 1.21, as stated already is OUWB (One Unit Whole Blood).