Blood isnt running (Build XP Manual applied) Hangs at title

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Thrakath
Bat

Blood isnt running (Build XP Manual applied) Hangs at title

Post by Thrakath » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:31 am

Hi!
Got the One whole unit Blood CDROM and installed under WINXP SP2. Then i followed the Build XP Guide. Then i started. Fullscreen Mode started and a screen with this daemon on an stone with blood with plasma appeared. Blooddrops were raining from the top. No freeze i thought perfect. But there was a box where no Text appeared. After 1-2min the application dropped back to Desktop.

Any help/suggestions?
Greetings Thrak

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:49 am

Sorry to hear of a fellow Bloodheads troubles,i think alot of people have trouble with Blood on service pack 2 :( You could try downloading the movie -less version of Blood and see if that helps.The Frenchkiss abandonware version gave me no haedaches so maybey try a full re-install (Build XP steps as well) with that and see what happens.Also check that everythings right with your sound card,play around with settings etc.Im useless i know :roll: but that is all i can think of.I vaugley remember someone else having the same kind of trouble so have a look in the blood forums for tips.Sorry i cant help :cry: !!
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Thrakath
Bat

Post by Thrakath » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:21 pm

Found a solution now. The BUILDXP Version of VDMSOUND is too old. There is a new Beta Version 2.1.0 at the Vogon VDMSound Forum. With this one i have no problems running Blood with Sound and Music in Windows XP.

MADAMAR
Tobi

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:55 pm

Well done!! :D
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Thrakath
Bat

Post by Thrakath » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:54 am

The BuildXP Guide should now be updated asap so that blood players wont run into unnecessary problems!

But i still got problems with hanging digital sound and while playing in network...are there any workarounds? can i set the vdmsound task to realtime at startup? perhaps this would help!

YEAH
open for business
Tobi