Blood hangs at loading screen

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

CHYROS

Blood hangs at loading screen

Post by CHYROS » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:40 am

Hello all,

I used the "build on XP page to try and get Blood running om my XP (yes, with service pack 2, and it's the home edition. Setup doesn't ask me for mixing bits and mono/stereo though, and the game hangs on the loading demo - cradle to grave - please wait screen. I've already tried the newest version of VMDSound (2.1.0), but it changes nothing at all. Can anyone please please help?

thanks in advace for any help,

CHYROS

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:58 am

No solution yet? Wow, is this problem really THAT unique?!

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:51 am

Sounds like maybey your not going into the Blood setup thingo in your Blood folder,you need to set mixing rate from Blood config!!! sorry if that does not help.... :(

CHYROS

Post by CHYROS » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:09 pm

No, actually I did run setup, the mixing bits and mono/stereo simply did not appear at all. Why does XP have to be so evil? I actually feel physically hurt by it. Damn Gates!!

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:56 am

im sure Service pack 2 causes untold problems,and thats a real bummer.Try re-installing everything from scratch.I ended up installing Win 98 SE to play all my old DOS games that dont have source ports.Its like being in a time warp!!.Weird how the mono\stereo and mixing rates dont appear.What version of Blood are you using?

CHYROS

Post by CHYROS » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:34 am

well to be honest, a downloaded one, an alcohol image of the CD, including the whole unit and cryptic passage... :oops: I've also tried the version someone else suggested in some thread, but in that one the mixing bits and mono/stereo don't appear either, and it stops working even before the "loading demo" screen. Damn, this problem really is something strange, innit?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:18 am

Try the frenchkiss Abandonware one Unit Whole version maybey? I had no probs with that version.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:25 am

Just had a thought,check what IRQ your sound takes up in device manager and match it in the Blood setup.exe thingo,and see if you get the missing options.Im going to re-install the whole BuildXp\Blood thing in a minute and see if i cant replicate your problem.

CHYROS

Post by CHYROS » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:28 pm

Interesting thought, but unfortunately I can't really find IRQ information in the device manager. Could you tell me where I can find it?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:14 pm

Go to Start,Control Panel,Performance and maintenance,System,Hardware,Device manager,double click on sound card,go to resources and you should see what IRQ your sound takes up.What kind of card sound are you using?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:51 pm

That's unbelievable, it says 18! Anyway, it's a YAMAHA AC-XG Audio Device. I never even heard of an IRQ of 18...

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:38 am

Yes,and i just checked my new crappy Sound Blaster IRQ and its 17,weird.But i got all the options and sound even WITHOUT VDM sound! :shock: Sorry,i just cant replicate the problem.Download and install the Frenchkiss Abandonware version and go through the Build XP guide meticulously one more tiime maybey? Sorry i cant help.Could be the Yamaha sound freaks it out somehow :( Do you have any problems with audio with other games? Its almost like blood thinks you have no sound hardware or something?!! Anyone else got any ideas?
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:07 am

Maybe grab a cheap PCI sound card and wack it in?

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:10 am

Well, the Yamaha card doesn't actually provide ANY problems in any other game, so it's not defective or anything. I've tried runningBlood without sound and music; the results are different, yet exactly as bad as with sound; this time is hangs on the firs frame of the cradle to grave demonstration (it seems to skip the "loading demo"-screen completely, as well).

About the frenchkiss abandonware download: I think the site is closed down. I never actually tested that version, either.

I'm beginning to understand less and less about XP :? . I'll try re-installing everthing again (how knows how many-eth time it will be) tomorrow, now I'm gonna get a good night's sleep. I also want everyone to know that their help was, is being and will be appreciated. Thanks everybody!

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:14 am

Home Of The Underdogs version?