Blood hangs at loading screen

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Lizzy
Zombie

Post by Lizzy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:30 pm

Strange?, well is there no way for an XP patch, hmmm, is the only solution duel booting. If it works it works.
PLEASE ''LOVE ME''

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:18 am

Funny thing is i have never had the slightest trouble running Blood under XP :shock: I can install it...double click on the exe......and play! :? I think it has alot to do with XP Version and hardware.But you know i cant for the life of me get Dark Forces running on XP,and thats supposed to be a sure thing?!?!
Duel booting is great and good for the mind.......we are learning more about these intimidating grumpy machines we spend so much time in front of.Ive learned alot just by stuffing around with Partition magic and setting up duel boots etc.
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

CHYROS
Zombie

Post by CHYROS » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:18 am

Well, I have to admit I'd rather have Blood just running on XP; this partitioning is really complicated!
Everybody loves somebody sometime... Not me, baby.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:51 pm

Are you using Partition magic? whats giving you the troubles? i must admit it took me a fair bit of mucking around and trial and error the first time i did it.
When i did it last time i installed Win98 first,making a 1 or 2 gb c: partition for Win 98 and leaving the rest as free space (you can just forget about it till you install XP).Then after i installed Win 98 i popped in the WinXP cd in Windows and installed from there,choosing to make a seperate install,not an upgrade.Then i simply formatted the remaining free space and installed Win XP on it.......hey presto,duel booting.

CHYROS
Zombie

Post by CHYROS » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:42 pm

Heh, I don't even have an XP cd; it didn't come with the computer...

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:54 pm

That bloody sux :x what the hell did they expect you to do if you got a virus or simply needed to re-format your bloody computer? :evil:

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:01 am

Hey CHYROS......what is your video card and are you using a USB keyboard?
If your using onboard video........that could be the source of all you trouble.

CHYROS
Zombie

Post by CHYROS » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:58 am

Well, the problem has just resolved itself for the time being. My mother has just bought a "new" laptop, and it actually features DOS!! Naturally, it isn't prefect (the damn thing takes ages to start up), and it's not on my own comp, but it works absolutely perfectly, including hi-res.

Thanks for all help everybody (which is mainly Lord Molder :wink: , but all other help was also very much appreciated). I'm still going to figure out what it was exactly that made my comp hate Blood so much, but at least the pressure is off the problem, for the moment. If I find out more, I'll post it, so anyone who is or will be dealing with my problem will know what's wrong too.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:57 am

Glad to here you got `er running!!! if you havent played Blood before your in for an awsome treat!!!!!! 8)

Solo
Cultist

Post by Solo » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:53 pm

Lord Molder wrote:Some Pentium machines can run multiple threads to spead up multitasking.Have a look in you BIOS and see if you have an option for it.
here`s a thing...try running the game WITHUOT the Build XP steps.I can actually run the game on my Service pack 1 install without Build XP (has to be in the lowest poopy resolution though.
Try setting you resolution to the lowest setting in Blood config and see if you get any joy

.Is there no-one out there who`s had similair problems?!!
Me have zhat problem:)
Strangers in the night exchanging glances

CHYROS
Zombie

Post by CHYROS » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Wow, I was not alone in this problem! So my comp isn't uniquely messed up!