key response delay in blood

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Digital Angel
Bat

Post by Digital Angel » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:34 pm

I tried all the methods in this thread, I still have the same problem.

Any help would be great, the sound works perfectly.

I'm in the 320 VGA screen mode btw, I get a really weird computer graphics error when I try to go in another resolution ("the somehting something driver has stopped working properly").

But even when in the 640x480 mode, it still lagged.

EDIT: the error is "ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally"

Thanks

Digital Angel
Bat

Post by Digital Angel » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:16 am

GOOD NEWSS!!!!! I THINK I FOUND A WAY!!!

Somehow I ended up on the transfusion forums, and a guy suggested a way to utilize vdms w/o the provided shortcut.

he just said at the command prompt type..

nolfb
dosdrv
blood

I tested this....all benefits of vdms and no key lag or sound problems or anything bad!!

The one thing however was that when I exited, I was still in a command prompt (probably the vdms or something) and when I typed "exit" to get out of it, my mouse lost ability to click on things. Maybe next time i'll just close it with the task manager. I'll edit back later.

EDIT (as promised): Yeah, I just ended the process "cmd.exe -nolfb" and it closed fine. A few things I noticed in the game (i'm running this in 320 resolution cus of the other problem i had, but when playing on post mortem, those plant things that spit at you are invisible, and the stuff they spit shows up as white (waterfall looking) projectiles. I also noticed that every once in a while, if u kill a zombie, it just disappears out of thin air and leaves some fire behind, this is very cool so i don't mind, but the plant thing sucks. I don't need to run nolfb, I'll try to run w/o it and see what happens, i'll edit again.

EDIT #2: Yeah, it still happens, the weird graphics glitches. I'm not sure why it would happen, I'm only running the sound. If I use the blood shortcut provided on this site it doens't do these glitches (I think). Does anybody know how to make a shortcut that would combine the best of both of these?

Digital Angel
Bat

Post by Digital Angel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:56 am

Well, I couldn't figure out how to fix the graphics bugs still, but it's a small price to pay for the way blood works now.

I just made a batch file now as my shortcut.

@echo off
CLS
C:
CD \
CD GAMES
CD Blood
NOLFB
DOSDRV
blood