Build XP shortcut doesn't work

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

morgoth

Build XP shortcut doesn't work

Post by morgoth » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:50 am

Trying to run Blood with the Build Xp directions. Followed them very carefully. Windows doesn't recognize the shortcut downloaded in step 6. Any advice???

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:18 am

As far as i know,Windows wont know what to do with the shortcuts untill after you have installed the whole VDM sound setup etc.So install the whole Build XP setup to the letter,then reboot maybe and see what happens.I can remember the same thing happening with me,i think windows needs some reg entries put in by VDM or something before it knows what the shortcuts are.
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

morgoth

Post by morgoth » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:13 pm

Lord Molder wrote:As far as i know,Windows wont know what to do with the shortcuts untill after you have installed the whole VDM sound setup etc.So install the whole Build XP setup to the letter,then reboot maybe and see what happens.I can remember the same thing happening with me,i think windows needs some reg entries put in by VDM or something before it knows what the shortcuts are.
I've done all of that and it still doesn't work :(
oh well, thanks for the advice. Fortunately, I still know enough DOS to do all the steps manually from a command prompt and get everything to work!

Rogue Martyr
Zombie

Post by Rogue Martyr » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:31 am

Its good to know u know ur DOS.. but the reason you u can't use the shortcuts is because you haven't installed VDMsound + the update + the launchpad correctly if at all!

After you have done this you MAY have to restart ur pc for the shortcuts to be recognised...

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:31 am.
'Let the festival of Blood continue!'