parental no violence lock in duke 3d

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Tsuri

parental no violence lock in duke 3d

Post by Tsuri » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:45 am

hey guys ive got the german version of duke3d.
the problem is that the parental lock is by default on an u cant change it :\
my question is if any1 of u guys knows maybe i could replace a file in the duke folder so it would open the parental lock...

hoping for lots of answers bb

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:18 pm

Sorry Tsuri...i had a big hunt around and could not find any patches to unlock the gore....you CAN do it with the old Aussie version though....i`ll keep an eye out for something that may help.

You COULD just get a different version from a *cough* "abandonware" site....
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

ephemeral

Post by ephemeral » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:18 am

Don't you guys know how to use google?
Try here
open duke3d.cfg in notepad and find this:
Shadows = 1
Password = ""
Detail = 1
Tilt = 1

there will be something typed in the field password,
just erase it ( so it will look like ex. above ) and turn parental lock off in game
If that doesn't work (I didn't even know there was a german version of Duke3d), I am pretty sure jonofs port takes care of that; I had the Uk-Darts-Version of Shadow Warrior, and the port turned that back to shurikens, because the darts were just in the original .exe...

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:31 am

Well done!!! :D
I hunted through the 3D Realms site\Googled for an hour and couldn`t find Jack Palance!!!.

ephemeral

Post by ephemeral » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:42 am

What the heck does that mean? I don't find it hard to "find jack palance", but what does it have to do with this?
Anyway, I believe now there is no german version of duke3d, i think what he means is a german pressing of duke3d with german cover art and a german help file, so the above should work.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:18 am

ephemeral wrote:What the heck does that mean? I don't find it hard to "find jack palance", but what does it have to do with this?
Anyway, I believe now there is no german version of duke3d, i think what he means is a german pressing of duke3d with german cover art and a german help file, so the above should work.

Take it easy,man.... :? it`s a kinder way of saying Jack Shit if you must know,far out.Last time i checked it doesn`t hurt to be cordial.....Jesus.

Ephemeral
Cultist

Post by Ephemeral » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:08 pm

[offtopic]
Ah, shite, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. It seems I am a bit harsh sometimes, without realizing it. I just couldn't find an explanation for "finding jack palance", so that was my stupid way of asking what it is about. Is is aussie slang?

Edit: But I guess you didn't mean this:wink: :
To accidentally inhale sharply through both the nose and mouth at the end of a statement, a la actor Jack Palance. This is due either to an oncoming burp or hiccup,or other change of internal pressure.

So yesterday I fell off of the toilet.(gasp)...Wow, I just Jack Palanced at the end of that sentence
[/offtopic]

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 am

Ha,ha...let`s just put it behind us..... :lol:
Next time i`ll type "anything"......like normal people!. :)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 am.