problems with build on blood and duke3d

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

da cheez

problems with build on blood and duke3d

Post by da cheez » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:02 pm

Hello,

I just went through the instructions to get build engine games to work on windows XP. I followed them to the letter but when I went to get into the game the screen went black for a second then went back to my desktop. Any ideas on what I could do to get these working

Lord Molder
Cultist

Build XP

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:21 am

Mr Bovett`s instruction are pretty clear,try everything from the beginning and make sure you put the game folders in the right place.
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Joeyxp2

Similar Blood Problem

Post by Joeyxp2 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:35 am

Hi, I tried following the guide but unforunately everytime I run Blood the screen is black yet I can still hear the music. It may be the screen setup because everytime i choose the SVGA 640x480 it sort of reverts back because when I checked it the bar was on normal mode but I'm not quite sure. I really want to play Blood again, can someone please help me with this?

Lord Molder
Cultist

Black screen

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:22 am

Hmmm,ive never had the same problem so im at a loss for a fix.What version of Blood are you running :?: also try a higher res {800x600} id say a complete re-install of everything might help,or make sure NOFLB is in ya Blood folder,sorry thats all i can think ov!! :( Patch Blood with any official patches too {should be able to get it at files section of DeathMask page i think}

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:27 am

Scratch that you can get the 1.11 patch from the official Blood site,but your problem could be related to Blood trying to play the video,try removing the cd-rom if you are using it and see what happens........ :idea:

Joeyxp2

One Whole Unit Blood, that's what I am playing

Post by Joeyxp2 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:16 pm

I have the cd rip of Blood so no cd is required. Anyways, my version is One Whole Unit Blood. Is it that the help only works with the original Blood or something? I don't know what I did wrong but I really want to play Blood again.

Joeyxp2

More info

Post by Joeyxp2 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:19 pm

One Whole Unit Blood comes with Plasma Pack and Cryptic Passage, and of course the original Blood so don't I already have the latest version? Okay, I'm going to go download Blood Original and give that a try. But I really want to get OWUblood to work without going back to Win ME. Everything was working fine when I was using that operating system except the sound would get all muffled and then won't work probably because I was just running from Windows. Anyways, what should I do now?

No sounds, Yes music and visuals.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:54 pm

Okay, I found out one thing. One Whole unit Blood does work but only with the original 320x200 resolution and I hate it. It really hurts my eyes looking at the pixelated low res models. I have already extracted Nolfb into the folder so why won't it work still is what I don't get it. When I use the SVGA mode the screen is black. The music works fine but I don't hear any sound effects for some reason.

Heh, finally got it to work

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:18 pm

All I had to do was switch the mixing rate back to 22 Khz and the sounds work. Now all I need to know is how to get Blood to run in high-res without having a black screen.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:44 pm

Hmm,everything seems to be right,i just cant think of why you might be crsching like that!!! :cry: Tell me what graphics card you nare using :idea:

Lord Molder
Cultist

black screen

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:58 pm

I really should wake up properly before posting :oops: Are you using onboard graphics? do you have the latest drivers for your gfx card?Was the cli2nop patch successful? :?:

Lord Molder
Cultist

Re: black screen

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:15 pm

Lord Molder wrote:I really should wake up properly before posting :oops: Are you using onboard graphics? do you have the latest drivers for your gfx card?Was the cli2nop patch successful? :?:
also try disabling your sound card and see if that gets the video working and see if there is newer drivers for your sound card,although it really sounds like a vid driver problem.Also turn off any advanced options you might have enabled in video properties :idea: like anti aliasing etc.

Joeyxp2

High-res Mode please

Post by Joeyxp2 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:30 am

I think I'm using an intergrated card. I have a card that came with it. It's not dedicated. The card is Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics card. You're right, I can't run a lot of games with this card because I really need a dedicated graphics card. I'm not sure about the latest drivers but the last time I updated my Windows was all screwed up and I had to format and re-install WIN Xp all over. The cli2nop patch though was successful. I did the cli2nop thing and it is 54 occurences. Yes, of course. I tried disabling the sound but the video still won't work, still no visuals. I doubt I have anti-aliasing enabled because my card really sucks. Making it high-res is a must for me. The damn pixelated hurt my eyes so much. I'm tired of it, I have to get NolfB working.

Joeyxp2

Updated Graphix Card

Post by Joeyxp2 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:54 am

I just installed the new driver for my graphics card but the screen still turns black when I try to run VESA 640x480 mode.

Joeyxp2

ERROR REPORT!

Post by Joeyxp2 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:19 am

Error report! I played Blood for a while and then suddenly the screen just went into a rainbow of colors and then it just closed out. I don't understand what just happened.