problems with build on blood and duke3d

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord Molder
Cultist

Video

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:08 am

Sounds like the onboard video is the problem,it must not like the way Blood talks to it.What Direct X version are you running :?: and were you able to run Blood in ME with the same card at a decent res? stupid thing is onboard should be enough to run Blood quite decently but they are renound for problems with games. :cry:just had a Google and your card is pretty much useless for games :cry: but try Direct X 9c and even re-installing the game from scratch and see if that helps,but it does look as though it has a problem with the better video modes.......
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:37 am

Just had a thought,make sure you have the latest motherboard chipset drivers as well!!!! :) and the latest gfx drivers are the 14.10`s

Integrated Graphix Card

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:13 am

I am running with the latest version, DirectX 9.0c, of course. Well I had Win ME a long time ago. When I had Win ME I had a whole different card, G400 Matrox Millenium. Soon my computer malfunctioned with some kind of electric failure. So I had to abandon my old video card and hard drive for a new computer. So now this is the new video card I have and I have no idea how it runs on Blood when on ME because I already have XP. Sorry, but I can't remember the resolution when I played Blood before. Nope, reinstalling didn't work. Do you think I can continue using Blood: One Whole Unit? I hope I can get a new video card too. I can barely run games with DX9 effects at a decent speed and it doesn't support Tnl which is a problem for some games. It lags a lot and I hope I can get a new graphics card soon. Yes, the latest version is 14.10 and is the one I had updated to. About the latest motherboard chipset drivers, can you please tell me where I can get them for my video card?

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:02 am

You get the motherboard chipset drivers from the manufacturer of the motherboard itself or the motherboard chipset manufacturer {in this case id say its intel} see if you cant find out the model number of your motherboard :idea: http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/ :idea: is a link to the intel website that should help you identify your motherboard.

another bloodfan

Post by another bloodfan » Tue May 03, 2005 6:53 pm

Yeah, I got the same kind of problem.. I'm running Blood on my laptop which has one of those onboard Intel video cards. The game only runs at 320x240 which wouldn't be so bad in itself if there hadn't been this horrible keyboard response delay :P

fabulous
Rat

Post by fabulous » Fri May 06, 2005 3:21 am

I had exactly the same problem BEFORE using NOLFB.. are you running blood from "command prompt" ? and do you run NOLFB before running it? I just type "nolfb [enter] blood [enter]" and voila.....

my version is: "One Unit: WHOLE BLOOD 1.21 [Jul 15 1998]"

Graphics still don't work?

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Well, I do not use the command prompt. I am using the shortcut in windows instead. The guide to running Blood for XP said all you had to do to play at high-resolution (VESA 640x480) is extract NolfB into your Blood or whatever Build 3d game folder. Then use the cmd A.K.A (command prompt) to do the cli2nop patching showing the occurrences so shouldn't it work from there? And yet after doing all that the graphics still don't work. It puzzles me so what do you think?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:26 pm.