Difficult Problem! Blood + VDM under Windows XP SP 2

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Freddy K.

Difficult Problem! Blood + VDM under Windows XP SP 2

Post by Freddy K. » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:36 pm

Hello folks!!! :D

Please apologize my bad english.

I've installed everything of Blood+VDM+other things that belongs to it like the description of http://www.deathmask.net/buildxp/ !!!

I've the following problem: When starting my blood.vlp i get the following fatal error:

"Unhandled Exception encountered while loading "... :evil:

and the application exits. :cry:

What could that be???

Please help me! I've tried everything...

Dont let me hang :-) I'm sad... I want to play BLOOD!!! NOW!!! ;-)

Or is it because i have installed SP 2??? :roll:

Greetz, Freddy K.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:59 am

Well, I'm not sure because I got Blood working and I have SP2 so that could not be the reason. If you have followed every step it should work pretty good. If you can't get it working try asking someone else or use Dosbox but that will just mean more work for you. How about this? Just follow the steps over and more carefully again and see if things work out. Maybe ask Lord Molder. :idea: It could also be your system specs or some problems with the computer. I'm sorry but a lot of things can go wrong and I can not help you with every one of them.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Fatal exception

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:38 pm

Its flattering to think to ask me but im really quite ignorant about computers in general!! I have only owned my own one for about a year and a half!! But i sure have got some bastard old games running!!LOL!! Like Wipeout 2097 for one,i actually had to swap cpu`s and slow down the Front Side Bus and still bloody use Turbo,what a saga that was {i was sick of it a week later!!} Anyhow do you have .NET Framework installed? and where did you get the game? Try a different source if ya havent already.
As far as i know fatal exception errors are very broad ranged like Guest said,they are difficult to diagnose and de-bug.A full reinstall from a different source is warranted,and try it without the .NET crap that causes problems at times. :twisted:
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Freddy K.

Thank you both for your help, but

Post by Freddy K. » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:09 pm

... i didn't get the program run.

Hm, yeah i have Blood from an old friend of mine, ive just copied Blood from an CD-R from a friend??? I did every procedure, but yesterday i applied a 1.20 patch (?) for Blood, but it doesnt work either.

Hm, what could that be? I'm trying to get Blood somewhere else and try it again.

I followed every step of you correctly, im sure!

Bye, Freddy K.

Does anyone have a solution???

Freddy K.

erm...

Post by Freddy K. » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:11 pm

yes i have installed Dot.Net Framework in the latest version!

Freddy K.

Holy shit!

Post by Freddy K. » Sun May 01, 2005 1:17 am

I got it run under Dos Box 0.63 with ca. 25000 Cycles!

Thank you for your help, VDM didn't work on my machine. (???)

Well, Blood is a cool game, isn't it!

I heard rumors about Blood 3 (HL2 Engine Havok) ;-)))!

Lord Molder
Cultist

Error

Post by Lord Molder » Tue May 03, 2005 11:42 am

Hey Freddy,your a better man than i to get DosBox running Blood,well done! :D Did you try a different version of Blood and a full re-install anyway though?

Freddy K.

Post by Freddy K. » Sat May 07, 2005 3:52 am

It was difficult at the first, but then i got the solution...

Cycles up, dosconfig: cpu normal not dynamic core, hm i tried my old version 1.0 from a friend of mine; i didnt install anything for the dosbox; i didnt need to install blood.

sometimes its laggy, but.. well it runs good..!

Freddy K.

;-)

Post by Freddy K. » Sat May 07, 2005 3:56 am

Thanks Lord Molder :)

Are you that owner of deathmask.net?

Do you play Blood often?

What other Games do you play?

At the moment, Call of Duty + AddOn is my Lan-Party *Killer* What a fantastic game!!!

Lord Molder
Cultist

Stuff

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Nup ive got nothing to do with DeathMask,ive stopped playing Blood at the moment and im just waiting for Stalker!! i spend most of my time recording my one man Black Metal band at the moment,using the free program Audacity! I cant tell you the money i wasted on recording crap before i realized a PC could do it all {and for free!!} I havent owned one for long but managed to build my own new one just recently.I used to be very tech ignorant and actually anti-computer!! Im not playing much at the moment but my mate keeps coming over with booze to play StarWars Battlefront!! i hate it!! and he gets right into it!!? :roll: I nedd a better connection as im only on 56K and would like to try my hand at some online slaughterige though!! :twisted:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 pm.