Blood in high resoultions?

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Control scheme?

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:48 am

I want to know about your control scheme. I play with W-A-S-D controls, E to jump, space to open doors. I like to play with the always run setting on because that way I don't have to always hold shift down and it really helps.

Be sure to set the objects distance in the menu in-game to unlimited or when you are sort of far away from a 3D object it will turn back to its 2D form. I also like playing with always mouselook (you can look anywhere by using mouse if enabled) but I don't know if you're that type of player. I also recommend that you download the High-res textures and enable them by putting a check at High resolution textures (They look gorgeous).

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:57 am

I use ''F'' to activate,WASD,space to jump,always run with mouse look.WASD and mouse look is far superior to anything else ive tried.Im coming from consoles so when i discovered PC gaming it was like a whole new level of control.I tried to get the texture pack a while ago but got a page not found error,ill give it another shot and let you know what i think.Risen seems very similiar to JDoom,especially in the menu`s,but seems to look a bit better somehow.Do you happen to know of something that would make Doom harder? i have tried the mod thet changes some monster behavior but it increased the firepower of certain weapons wich cancled out the harder monsters :roll: .Anyway ill toddle off and try those textures :twisted: PS Do i need that ''high res patch'' to go with them? whats the deal with that :?: :? .Ill also check what the default is for objects distance :wink: .

EDIT- I just tried the high res textures and its bloody awsome!! thanks for the heads up on Risen...i would never have discovered it otherwise!! :D

Thanks again!! :D
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Mouse-wheel switching

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:24 am

LOL! I can tell you are from Australia. The way you said "Bloody awesome!" Anyways, I found how to mouse wheel switch with Risen3D. I don't think it works for Blood because it doesn't recognize the mouse wheel which sort of sucks.

To do mouse wheel switching for Risen3D, go to options, then control menu which is ingame and go to 2nd page. When you find next weapon just press enter and move your mouse wheel down. Then press enter at previous weapon and move your mouse wheel up and then you can mouse wheel switch!

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:16 am

Thanks for the tip!! Yes i am Australian.I`m actually playing Doom again thanks to you!! :D those nice textures make it all like new again :D ....well sorta :lol: Happy Doomin`!! :twisted:
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

bone72

Point

Post by bone72 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:36 am

willshooting wrote:Simple and deadly! Go to the options menu in the game an d set the video settings to 1280x1024.
Okay, ya i can see your point.

Re: Point

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:03 pm

bone72 wrote:
willshooting wrote:Simple and deadly! Go to the options menu in the game an d set the video settings to 1280x1024.
Okay, ya i can see your point.
That method does not work with me. Simply setting the resolution to 1280x1024 just makes the screen black for me. Have you ever heard of something called Glidos? If I recall, that should give you better resolutions.