Witchaven and Witchaven 2

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Still exits on Level 2

Post by Guest » Fri May 20, 2005 5:36 am

I have already tried it, after killing a few enemies, dodging some attacks, pressing some switches, and running through one long hall way to a heart that grants full-life, the game exited. Yep, that was on level 2.

I really think it's unfair.
This game is heavily underrated and it should definetely not have been canned. It does not deserve it, it has pretty complex layouts and architecture. You can even compare it with Blood and it is a lot bigger and brighter probably because Blood is more of a dark game and it has its own charms.

I think there has got to be a way for it be run with Dosbox because I checked out the link and it said supported. Nobody posted any comments on it though. You can even go look: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list ... 9&letter=p

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Fri May 20, 2005 12:28 pm

Ive tried alot of stuff,but i just cant get this game to stop crashing.Is there no chance you could set yourself up an ME or Win 98 partition?

Partition?

Post by Guest » Sat May 21, 2005 4:00 am

How do I do that? Can you give me some steps? That will make Win XP run Powerslave correctly? I need some steps and then I will try it to see if it will work.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sat May 21, 2005 8:52 am

First of,are you using the exact same machine that you had Win ME on? do you have anything extremely important on you computer {!} im not sure how to install Win ME,if its like WinXP {user friendly} or a bit more involved like Win 98.Ill have Google and see whats up with that.You will need {as far as i know } a FAT32 partition on your hard disk to set up a dual boot system as win 98 and ME {i think} use FAT32.You cannot install a "lesser" operating system after XP,it has to be done before hand and then when you install XP you do it on a different partition,then youll be given the option at boot up what OS you want to boot.I merrily used a duel boot Win 98\Win XP system until upgrading my computer and getting a different graphics card that gave me nothing but trouble under Win 98.If you want to play alot of DOS FPS`s from that era i can recommend Win 98SE as a good choice of OS.For one game its a bit of overkill,but youll learn stuff and games like Blood just run better under DOS based Win 98. There is another option if you dont want to reformat you hard drive from the beginning,a "boot manager" thats a program that will let you keep Win XP and install Win 98 and let you decide at boot time the one you want.If youve never done anything like this before i would make sure your not going to lose any valuable data before commencing,and research it properly.Also youll need Win 98 drivers for you sound and vid card,but if Powerslave was running under ME on the same computer you shouldnt have trouble {i guess!!} running other DOS stuff. :twisted: http://www.aiscl.co.uk/dual_boot_system.htm http://www.vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/dualboot.htm
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!