Lamens terms please

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

confused

Lamens terms please

Post by confused » Mon May 16, 2005 3:21 am

I just bought Nukem3D and I am trying to install it, I had a friend find this website BUT I dont know what the hell a directory is and where to find it. Are you guys talking about going to the run icon and then typing in that C:/games thing?
Can anyone explain to a person who doesn't know a lot about computers please

Thanks

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Mon May 16, 2005 3:46 am

Gudday,i remember being very confused at times with my comp,but the more u screw around with things the more youll learn.Anyway a "directory" is just another name for a "folder".And if you want to run Duke i suggest JonF`s Duke port.That will give you nice graphics and high resolutions with perfect sound.But theres no reason not to see if you cant get it running using Build XP instructions {itll be good for ya skillz!!} :twisted The link to JonoF`s port is http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php? ... oads&cat=1
Download the first file and install!!
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

willshooting
Bat

the easy way!

Post by willshooting » Mon May 16, 2005 4:09 am

Okay, so as Lord Molder said the directory is the folder and more generally the path you use to find your files. (Stop me if you think I'm saying something stupid...) Then, you must first find the Duke Nukem folder that should be -> c:\duke3d or something like that.(when you open your hard disk in windows, the folder "duke3d" is rite next to WINDOWS folder etc.. You just have to create a new folder called "games" just here and cut/paste duke folder inside then the rest is nothing more than technical things to rule.
That's right, who's laughin' nooooooow!!!

confused

Still Confused

Post by confused » Mon May 16, 2005 10:38 pm

okay I did what you told me I went to that site and I downloaded the first file and then I downloaded Duke and I played the game for about 30 minutes and exited out of the game but now I cant pull Duke up again it shows it loading showing a black screen and then goes back to the file. Any ideas guys?

Lord Molder
Cultist

Duke

Post by Lord Molder » Tue May 17, 2005 4:08 am

Are you double clicking on the orange Duke symbol {exe} in the JonoF folder?
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

confused

lames terms please

Post by confused » Tue May 17, 2005 10:35 pm

yes I am double clicking on the orange sign.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Hmm,i dunno whats up with that.Im actually using an older version,th "28 February" one,try downloading the older "Stable" version of the Duke port and reinstalling duke and the port from the beggining and check your settings in the "Duke setup" thingo.Other than that ,sorry im stumped :(

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:41 pm.