Can't Enable Music in Shadow Warrior!

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

PlanetSun
Rat

Can't Enable Music in Shadow Warrior!

Post by PlanetSun » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:20 pm

Ok, so I setup everything (to the best of my knowledge) correctly. The game and sound fx work perfectly. The music however, does not work at all, and when I go into the sound menu in the game, the Enable Music and Music volume options are darkened out and I can't change them. I went back into the setup.exe file and couldn't find any options specifically for music.

Does anyone know why it isn't working? Is it not detecting my cd rom drive? Help?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:31 pm

That's because Shadow Warrior is using Real Audio Tracks from the CD.
If you are using VDMsound right click on the shortcut and check the box that says "Enable low level CDROM support (MSCDEX)

And I don't get it why people are not using the windows ports for Shadow Warrior and duke nukem :P

PlanetSun
Rat

Post by PlanetSun » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:55 pm

I do have that box checked. I also tried disabling Digital CD Audio. Neither one of those seem to allow the cd audio to play... and the music options in the game menu are still darkened out.

Thanks, any more ideas would be awesome!

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:11 pm

Then try the windows port of shadow warrior.
Can be found in a sticky topic in here.

And if you still insist on using VDMsound check the shortcut for SW.
The shortcut for SW that you can download here has an extra arguement in the command line called "-nocd"

Rightclick on the shortcut and click on properties. On the first half of the window you should see a button called "Change" click on it and a new window will open where you can remove the "-nocd" arguement.

Try to do that, if that fails use the Windows port for SW

PlanetSun
Rat

Post by PlanetSun » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:11 am

Yup, that was it. Hmm, that's kinda wierd that the shortcut I downloaded for SW would have -nocd by default :-\

Anyway, thanks so much for your help!!!