Questions... Blood AND Shadow Warrior

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Questions... Blood AND Shadow Warrior

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:05 am

Long time fan of both, recently into the series, and decided to get things done. In this particular case. Blood's sounds are much too slow, laggy, and way down in pitch. All of them are very deep and slowed. On the other hand. Shadow Warriors are very high pitched and sped up. Sounds are very off, and sound like the chipmunks are squeaking all over the place. The thing is, all the directories and options are correct, I've double-checked them and I have another PC (my own) in which they both run flawlessly. (Currently my only problem is finding a way to install a dos based installation program [Cryptic Passage's files] in XP.) Otherwise, the programs run fine on my PC, anyone had this instance before?

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:55 am

Got some good news for you regarding Shadow Warrior,JonoF has updated his website with a new EXE for shadow Warrior,ive been playing all day and its a ripper.Its not completely bug free but its very stable and the graphics and sound are great.As for Cryptic Passage you could just download One Unit Whole Blood {Blood and add ons} from Frenchkiss Abandonware and be done with it.have you tried turning down the hardware accelaration on your sound card? I can actually run Blood without VDM Sound but its its not great,but i dont get that low pitched stuff,that ive never heard of before now :?
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:09 am

Just had a thought about Cryptic Passage,chuck the disk in and go to the install icon,but instead of clicking it create a shortcut {it will ask if you want it on your desktop} tell it yes,then put the shortcut into Win 95 compatibility mode and double click.If that fails just get the file from Frenchkiss or somewhere [its got both expansions in it so its worth the time if your on dial-up} :twisted:

Ah thanks

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:08 am

Didn't know Frenchkiss had One Unit. Thanks. And he got it working, he had to reconfigure his soundcard a little more, that's all. Somehow, one the the configurations didn't take effect when I selected them.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:08 am

No problem! :twisted: have you tried Shadow Warrior with JonoF`s port? its awsome :D

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:02 pm

Couldn't find OUWB on frenchkiss but I found it on Underdogs, I haven't gotten JonoFs' port yet, I really, really hope he redoes Blood. Any and all of his other work is very good, and all I'm looking for is a TCP/IP connection for Blood and Shadow Warrior. I'll be set for life. =D

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:25 pm

And we dont need $10, 000 computers that are obsolete in a week to play these games! :shock: And there FUN :shock: Ahh the Nineties,they really new how to make games back then....... :twisted: