game play changes in patch? (life leech, voodoo doll...)

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

game play changes in patch? (life leech, voodoo doll...)

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:21 am

Hello, i may have encountered a bug of some sort...

When i upgraded blood to the last patch, i've noticed a few gameplay changes in the weapons, particularly the life leech and the voodoo doll. When using the life leech in earlier versions it allowed me to regenerate health, but in the last patch it doesnt work anymore! (i now rarely use the life leech because of this :( )

Another problem is that the voodoo alt fire sets the ammo to zero, the old version only took 20 points away!... according to the patch history this was a bug they fixed, but applying the last patch was supposed to fix this...

there are a few good things about this patch however. for instance, in the old version i played ( dont remember what number it was), on the 2nd hardest difficulty, cultists did not throw dynamite, but the last patch fixed this for me. The last patch also fixed cutscenes, which made them viewable.

Willis
Master of the Mask

Post by Willis » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:42 pm

As I understand it, these were all intentional changes to balance weapons in gameplay. The lifeleech was too powerful, they don't want you using it as much ;)

I still feel that the voodoo altfire was a minor mistake, and probably meant only for bloodbath, especially since you can't even cheat properly with the voodoo doll.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:55 pm

Thanks for the reply..

however, i currently have versoin 1.02, if i patch it to the latest version, 1.11 it makes the changes to the voodoo / life leech. When i checked the patch downloads it didnt list any patches between 1.02 and 1.10.

When i read the 1.10 patch readme it didnt mention anything about the life leech changing... is there supposed to be a 1.03, 1.04... etc or they just decided to change alot of things and call the next patch 1.10?

Basiclly i want to patch it to the version right before they make the changes to voodoo / life leech

December Man
Rat

Post by December Man » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Yep, this sucks. The Life Leech doesn't leech life! lol Unless you run out of ammo...

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:07 pm.