Making a video, how do i record blood footage? (avi,wmv,etc)

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Making a video, how do i record blood footage? (avi,wmv,etc)

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:18 am

Hello, i want to record blood footage however there are quite a few problems.

I first thought of fraps, but FRAPS only works with 3d accerleated programs, since i dont have a voodoo card, the 3dfx patch is obviously wont work.

Next i tried windows media encoder. It records exactly what i do the moment i hit record, (from desktop -> running blood), however it doesnt actually record when i play blood, just desktop. When i replay the footage the entire time it shows desktop and the mouse moving around. Unless im doing something wrong , or can someone recommend a better alternative?

(is there a way to convert demo files into avi/mpg?)

Ephemeral
Cultist

Post by Ephemeral » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:53 am

I have never tried it myself, but five minutes of google hunting came up with this, giving two possible solutions.
1. Use VMware (a trial version should be sufficient; maybe it works with 'Virtual Pc', too)
2. Use ScreenHunter. That may not work, but they have some nice tips: You could try disabling 'Video Overlay' and 'Hardware Acceleration' in your graphics settings.

As for converting .dmo files to .avi, I believe that is not possible; These are relatively small files, that only instruct Blood to act accordingly. They are not movie files.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:52 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunatley neither worked out well, AutoScreenCapture only captured a black screen. For Vmware it asked to setup a virtual machine, which i probably dont want to do.

I think there is a way to do this, using dos box, since it has the ability to capture dos footage into a video format. Unfortunatley dosbox runs quite crappy for blood and i dont think there is a way to enable the vlp shortcuts with dosbox since those shortcuts run in windows anyways.

Ephemeral
Cultist

Post by Ephemeral » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:48 pm

For Vmware it asked to setup a virtual machine, which i probably dont want to do.
Well, that would be what you have to do, but it certainly is a lot of trouble, especially getting sound to work.

As for Dosbox, there are some optimized builds around, try searching their forum: http://vogons.zetafleet.com

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:48 pm.