still no blood cd music

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

youngku
Zombie

still no blood cd music

Post by youngku » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:39 pm

I still cannot get any music to play in blood. I tried any old music cd, and no music. I have a sound blaster live Audigy ZS 2. I tried enabling digital cd audio inside of volume control, but that doesn't change anything either. The only thing left to do is to crack my case and see if I have an analog audio cable connected from my Pioneer dvd-r/w recorder to my sound card. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Willis
Master of the Mask

Post by Willis » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:46 pm

It could also be that it needs a dos cd driver such as mscdex (which would require a bit of work). In Blood's startup screen (the one with the red bar across the top), it will tell you if your CD drive was initialized or not. If its not, it's going to need more work than just making sure you have a cable running from the drive to sound card.

Unfortunately, since I have migrated to XP64, I cannot test how to do this as the CMD emulator doesn't launch most dos programs at all, leaving me only to DosBox, which I cannot get CD Audio working on either.

CD is showing as initialised on my laptop without VDMsound, but I don't appear to be getting CD Audio there either.

*Edit*, it appears that just like the opening videos, cd audio doesn't work on version 1.21 either. I tried it on 1.11 and the cd audio is working fine. But on NT Dos emulation, the second intro video freezes, so blood will not make it to the menu without -quick, which skips over the intro movies.

Willis
Master of the Mask

Post by Willis » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:53 pm

hmm, I just tried again, and cd audio worked fine in 1.21, so now I'm at a bit of a loss.

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:14 pm

What about the "Enable basic CDROM support (MSCDEX) " option in the VDM shortcut? I always thought that would enable an emulated DOS cd driver or something like that.

Not too sure about it, since I never fooled around with a Audio CD based DOS game :P