I got Blood to work without static sounds!

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Ninja_of_DooM
Cultist

I got Blood to work without static sounds!

Post by Ninja_of_DooM » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:05 pm

OK, so here it is. I went to play the Post Mortem episode. Now on accasion the shelf textures in the first level get messed up which is fixed with a re-install. So I went and ran the 'ouwblood' exe to install and came back to play again.

This time the sound was clear with no crackling noises but the game ran slow. I then ptched it with CLI2NOP and switched the video mode to VESA at 640x480. Good thing is, the game is running fine now and the sound is still running clear.

By the way, just for your information, I got my copy of Blood from the underdogs. This is how I ahd the executeable present.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:34 am

Gudday Ninja,i get this weird thing where Blood just starts crashing at launch for no reason if i set my config to Soundblaster or compatible,and thats the setting that i dont get crackling on.It works fine for a while and then it starts :(
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Ninja_of_DooM
Cultist

Post by Ninja_of_DooM » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:39 pm

I'm using soundblaster as my sound device. The sound card type is soundblaster 16 or AWE 2, just like on the main page.

Ninja_of_DooM
Cultist

Post by Ninja_of_DooM » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:35 pm

OK then, sorry. Megabumpage! But I got it to work again. All I ahd to do was skip installing the SBlive! fix patch. Works perfectly.