Shadow Warrior graphics problem.

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Ninja_of_DooM
Cultist

Shadow Warrior graphics problem.

Post by Ninja_of_DooM » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:00 am

I just got SW installed on my system. Now i've run it through the usual Build XP setup but for some od reason it appears all garbled, like as though the pallete's screwed up.

Here's a screengrab:

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:20 pm

Youve got yourself an ATI graphics card havent you!!? Shadow Warrior refuses to run properly on ATI cards because of a driver issue.But there is a simple and far superior solution,just download JonoFs Shadow Warrior source port and enjoy high resolution,perfect sound Shadow Warrior!! :twisted:
http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfsw
P.S If you have any trouble with the remote car screen in the first level not displaying properly just wack your resolution down to 16 bit 800x600 to see whats going on-its just a weird bug.
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Ninja_of_DooM
Cultist

Post by Ninja_of_DooM » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:35 pm

Ah. Darn it. ATI sucks. :evil: I'll remember this when I get myself a comp. For now I'll make do with Jonof's port.

EDIT: Working like a charm. Thanks.:)

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:18 pm

No worries,Ninja! Ive got an ATI card as well,and i have had a couple of driver problems {such as telling me it was overheating under Win 98-i cant figure out if it actually was though} but apart from that im very happy with its performance on the latest games and with the fact it stays so cool even when overclocking it substantially.The inverted pallette thing i think is an issue with the way Shadow Warrior calls video VESA modes or some damn thing,but it dosent happen on Nvidia boards.I think ATI cards have no support for an older VESA version.But not to worry coz Shadow Warrior runs great with the port.Dont forget to try Duke Nukem 3d with the Duke port!! :twisted:

Ninja_of_DooM
Cultist

Post by Ninja_of_DooM » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:54 pm

I'll bare the other ports in mind, thanks. My radeon 8500 certainly seems to have got me through most of today's games with minimum fuss, even though they don't look too pretty. I don't know wy i bought Shadow Warrior anyway, I'm leaving home for the Royal Navy on the coming monday. :p

Oh, and by the way, about the monitor. We took it into a repair shop. 2 weeks later we get it abck with the diagnosis that the capacitors had blown out completely. Funny thing is though, when my dad crakced open the thing he saw that all the capacitors were still in one piece. There were no signs of them having 'blown out'.
So we took it into another repair shop. They kept it for a whole week and in the end managed to tell us that it was working fine with no problems. Tey said it could be the graphics card but I know this can't be because when the technician called in at the start we changed the graphics card and monitor about, the problem kept happening with a different graphics card and only stopped when we actually took the monitor off. So anyway, today we have it plugged back into the comp, and guess what, it happened again. :? Confused yet? So am I.
Even weirder, my sister just finished University a few weeks ago and is due to leave for a year in Oz soon. She brought her PC back with her too, so we have the monitor connected to her PC and nothing happens. Everything is working fine and the monitor is having no problems. So now her PC is running the monitor and I have too stay with this one I have now.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:58 pm

Good luck with your military service! your a braver person than i,the closest ive ever got to military service was letting of a few rounds from a .303 in a paddock :roll: Im sure youll do well,you sound like someone who has your head together.Dont sweat your monitor,you will have enough cash after your service to buy a great new rig! How long do you intend to stay in the Navy? What do you want to do? Do you have to leave Scotland?

Ninja_of_DooM
Cultist

Post by Ninja_of_DooM » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:30 am

OK. First up. I am doing the full 22 years of service (more if I can be promoted to warrant officer). I'm going in to be a MArine Engineering Mechanic (MEM) and yes, I have to leave Scotland. No big problem really, I like to get around. :) I'll be moving into south England and be living on a base. The only bad thing is that I have to be up and away on the train from town at 6 AM.

Thanks for the kind words man. I'll be popping in whenever I can too.:D

Lord Molder
Cultist

In The Navy

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:05 am

That sounds awsome!! i wish i had the initiative to do something worthwile with my life but i got mixed up in smoking the green stuff for many years and missed out on alot of stuff :roll: Your family must be mega proud of you :D -heck im proud of you!! :twisted: