Blood network problems

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Sanderhey

Blood network problems

Post by Sanderhey » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:38 pm

Hello,

I have installed blood on two of my computer. One is a laptop.

I have followed the guide, and the game works great. But my network play doesnt.

The computers can see each other, and it tries to start the game, but everything ends with initializing, and just stop there.

What can it be?

Sander

Sidious

Post by Sidious » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

9. THE NETWORK PART:
a)
get commit.exe version 1.4
b)
commit.vlp: right click on it, and select the "advanced" button. find the "compability" tab. at the bottom, enable "low level network support".
c)
install nwlink ipx/spx transport protocol
to do this:
start->control panel->network connections
right click on the connection u are using. click on "install". chose the right protocol.
to be able to play a multiplayer game in blood, all players must reside in the same ipx network, and the specific network number for that network has to be "00000000" (8 zeros).
to do this:
double click on the ipx/spx protol you just installed.
set internal network number to "00000000" - 8 zeros.
just to be sure everything is ok, go to start->run. type "cmd", which opens the command prompt. type "ipxroute config".
correct settings shows:
IpxLoopbackAdapter 1234cdef
theNameOfYourConnection 00000000
allTheOtherConnections 00000000

last of the last things:
to play multiplayer, you can only have ONE connection activated in "network connections", which is the connection containing the network card that's been given the ip-address from your dhcp-server. If you have more than 1 network card installed on your system, you need to deactivate that connection, or else upon launching commit, blood will search the network and find that network adapter and say: "found 2 players". blood thinks that it's a player, which it of course isn't.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm.