Plasma Pak

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

marco75

Plasma Pak

Post by marco75 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:49 am

I got both Blood 1.11 (4 episodes) and Cryptic Passage (1 episode, run with cryptic.exe) running 100%. Very happy, thanks to Sidious and 'I got cryptic passage working'-guest for their helpful & sometimes confusing posts.

With Plasma Pak, I just let autorun go. It's supposed to install a fifth single player episode, but how do I play that new episode?

While I am at it, how do I run user maps. There's supposed to be an option under New Game, but I just get the four episodes, no 'User Map'.

Sidious
Zombie

Post by Sidious » Fri May 18, 2007 12:43 am

Seens like your install got messed up, or your install files may be corrupted. If your plasma pak install went ok, you should be able to chose the new episode among with the others.

here's how i did it:
install blood 1.00
install plasma pak
(apply patch 1.11)

running user maps:
open up the command prompt(start menu->run->cmd)
locate your blood folder. run blood typing: blood -map nameOfUserMap
"I guess i'm just gonna have to put you down!..."

marco75
Bat

Plasma Pak working 100% in XP

Post by marco75 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:53 pm

I got the Plasma Pak working 100% last night.

I made a clean install of Blood to a new directory, and installed Plasma Pak to that directory.

I saved this to a backup folder on another partition called 'Plasma Pak fresh install'.

Followed Sidious guide, and didn't work. I tried using the blood.exe from my other install, but the Blood.exe 1.11 only supports 4 episodes -- the plasma Blood.exe 1.11 says 'BLOOD with PLASMA PAK 1.11' at the top when you start it, so they are different, as are the .ART files.

I tried turning the sound ON, then OFF in SETUP, running it from the DOS Window without VDMS, and eventually, got it to work.

Bugger me if I remember how exactly.

(Strange thing is that VDMS kept closing its CLI window even when I told it not to. At least the logging worked.)

I now wonder if it is possible to have Blood with Plasma Pak + Cryptic Passage + Carnage Continues in the one directory. I think that would be the ultimate install.

Oddly though, Carnage Continues mentions that it is made for Blood 1.20. It works anyway, but I have never seen that version... where can I find it?

Anyone here running Blood 1.20 in XP?

Sidious
Zombie

Post by Sidious » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:14 am

go here:
http://postmortem.edgegaming.com/?page=mm_files
and download the appropriate patch to play v1.20

ex: do a clean install and get R0020.EXE

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:14 am.
"I guess i'm just gonna have to put you down!..."