XP troubles

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

elricbro3

XP troubles

Post by elricbro3 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:28 am

Okay, Ive pretty much done what you are sposed to do to get Blood working. I have the full version and have recently lost my older comp and I am trying to run it on XP. When I double click the shortcut, it does all the loading stuff, and does it all perfectly. Then it goes to fullscreen, like it would when the game starts, but then flicks straight back to XP, and leaves a DOS window that is blank and says "Inactive BLOOD.exe" on the top.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!

Sidious
Zombie

Re: XP troubles

Post by Sidious » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:44 am

elricbro3 wrote: When I double click the shortcut, it does all the loading stuff, and does it all perfectly.
what do u mean by that? have u installed VDMSound? if so, try out this:
viewtopic.php?t=548

if you cant get this to work, do this:
viewtopic.php?t=581

the latter wont fail and works better with multiplay, but u can run better graphics with VDMSound.
"I guess i'm just gonna have to put you down!..."

elricbro3

Well...

Post by elricbro3 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:22 pm

See, I installed everything the BuildXP page told me to, and did it all correctly. When BLOOD loads, it says everything like "found BLOOD.rff" "13 MB Memory Used" etc etc

But after that loading stuff, it goes fullscreen, then blinks right back to Windows, leaving an "Inactive BLOOD.exe" Window.

If I tried to run it with the VDMS executable, it does everything mentioned before, but doesn't even go fullscreen, it just closes out.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!

Sidious
Zombie

Post by Sidious » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:01 pm

If you just HAVE to run blood with VDMSound, you should finish reading the post i've written before asking questions, i can see that u havent. The guide isnt the same as the BuildXP guide, there are things there which are not included in the BuildXP guide and some things that are different. I suggest you follow the link, read the guide carefully and do exactly what it says. I've only encountered problems with this recipe on machines have a new high end graphics card installed.
good luck!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:01 pm.
"I guess i'm just gonna have to put you down!..."