Blood on laptop?

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Geist
Rat

Blood on laptop?

Post by Geist » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if any of you have had any problems getting good ol' Blood to run on a laptop. I've installed it on my WinXP (sp2) desktop and it works like a charm (big thanks for the buildxp guide!!!). Yesterday, I tried installing it on my laptop (a Toshiba Tecra A2, also WinXP, sp2) but something's wrong. It seems the only video mode I'm able to play is 320x200. Whenever I select a higher resolution, the screen turns into a mishmash of horizontal stripes. It's impossible to make out anything.
I can, however, hear the demo playing. The sound is perfect and I can still access the menu, start new game etc. It's just not possible to see what's going on. I used the same installation procedure as with my desktop; Build XP guide to the letter + Blood to perfection. I've double-checked everything. NOLFB.COM is in the blood directory and is run as part of the autoexec.bat in my vdmsound shortcut.
Any and all ideas would be very welcome.

Thank you in advance & cheers from Belgium!

EDIT: I've done my research and it seems this is a hardware / driver problem - that makes it pretty much impossible to fix.