FAQ  •  Login

Same Error like Freddy

Moderator: Moderators

<<

MC

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:50 pm

Same Error like Freddy

Hi, i've got the same Error like Freddy K. -Fatal Error:Unhandled exception entcountred while laoding, and DOS says: src\demo.cpp(510): File error #11 laoding demo file header. :evil: so im very angry because from three years blood was also running on my WinXP ok without SP2 and older hardware but i think thats not so fatal or? Whatever so i made all so (i hope it :roll: ), like in the tutorial [url]www.deathmask.net\buildxp\[/url] ...
it dont works, same error like Freddy. Now Freddy can you say me why you made running blood (i've got One unit whole Blood) on DOSbox 0.63?
I dont now very much about DOSbox well i live in Europa (Swiss) and the commands are in german other on the normal WinXp DOS as in DOSbox 0.63...

where nice, thanks.

saluts MC
<<

Lord Molder

Cultist

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:07 pm

AAAAAAAgggghhh!!!!!

Hail to Sweden!! Home of many Elite Black Metal Hordes!! :twisted:
try using the version of Blood found at Frenchkiss Abandonware,One unit whole,if you havent already.I only say this because its the one i use and have had few problems with.Re-install everything from the ground up with that version and see if that helps.Hail Black Circle!!! :twisted:
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!
<<

MC

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:18 pm

Thanks

Allright thanks :D , i try it hope that it works :? .
Ah yes not Sweden, Swiss :wink: .

ps. when it dont works i come back, need to play blood O.o
one of best games ever ;D.
<<

MC

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:29 pm

Hmmm

Hmmm... there i have to download Blood??, but i want to play my own
(one unit whole) blood with plasma pak cryptic passage and all this :(( man (sorry when i understand something wrong i'm not the best in english :oops: ) can you help me ?
<<

Lord Molder

Cultist

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:40 pm

Er,Swiss eh? :oops: Thats kinda near Sweden..... :oops: :D
Anyway,so your already using the One Unit Whole version of Blood? Have you tried mucking around with VDMS settings?
<<

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:47 pm

Ahm i've got the special edition One Unit Whole Blood ( Blood + Plasma Pak + Cryptic Passage) i thinks this is the Version 1.27 or 1.24 ??? Sure 1.2... and, no i dont maked something on the VDMS settings, i dont know where they are :oops: O.o .... ( im not very a PC freak... )
and when i have to do something on the VDMS setting where are they ???
<<

MC

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:Ahm i've got the special edition One Unit Whole Blood ( Blood + Plasma Pak + Cryptic Passage) i thinks this is the Version 1.27 or 1.24 ??? Sure 1.2... and, no i dont maked something on the VDMS settings, i dont know where they are :oops: O.o .... ( im not very a PC freak... )
and when i have to do something on the VDMS setting where are they ???

-sorry forgot write name... not that you think im someone other :P
<<

Lord Molder

Cultist

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:05 pm

Unfortunately i dont have Blood installed at the moment,but i think you just right click on the shortcut you downloaded for Blood and the settings are in there.It seems it could have something to do with Service Pack 2.Ill have a muck around and see what i can come up with anyway. :twisted: One thing you could do is uninstall absolutley everything,and install Blood again and see if you can get it to load without all the other stuff {it used to load for me that way} that could help with the troubleshooting.The version of Blood at Frenchkiss is exactly the same as yours,so you wont be missing out on anything,and,like me,youve purchased a copy of Blood so you shouldent feel bad.I just found that that paticular version\copy of Blood gave me little to no problems.Its worrying that Freddy K also used Service Pack 2....
Last edited by Lord Molder on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

MC

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:08 pm

cool

Thanks you're very ok man ;D
<<

Lord Molder

Cultist

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:34 pm

Try patching Blood to 1.11 if it isnt already {there was a fix `closing save and demo files correctly"} and that sounds like something to do with the problem your having.Also try setting the `Demo" file in the Blood folder to `read only" and see if that helps,if that dosent work,sorry im all out of ideas :( but a full re-install of Frenchkiss version and Build XP setup could do the trick.... :)
<<

MC

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:41 pm

Ok i try it, but also a question i settet in the VDMS General MIDI an enable with basic VESA support now it can load something up but the screen is then only black and nothing works...
<<

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:54 pm

In the Blood setup thing,set the video mode to 320x400 and lemme know if you get into the game :twisted:
<<

MC

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:07 pm

Hi, you mean 320x200 thanks, but no that also dont works :( i think i have to live without blood :cry: ...

... but i dont give up :D i look what i can do
<<

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Good luck MC!!! :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm.

Return to BuildXP