Same Error like Freddy

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

MC

Same Error like Freddy

Post by MC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:50 pm

Hi, i've got the same Error like Freddy K. -Fatal Error:Unhandled exception entcountred while laoding, and DOS says: src\demo.cpp(510): File error #11 laoding demo file header. :evil: so im very angry because from three years blood was also running on my WinXP ok without SP2 and older hardware but i think thats not so fatal or? Whatever so i made all so (i hope it :roll: ), like in the tutorial www.deathmask.net\buildxp\ ...
it dont works, same error like Freddy. Now Freddy can you say me why you made running blood (i've got One unit whole Blood) on DOSbox 0.63?
I dont now very much about DOSbox well i live in Europa (Swiss) and the commands are in german other on the normal WinXp DOS as in DOSbox 0.63...

where nice, thanks.

saluts MC

Lord Molder
Cultist

AAAAAAAgggghhh!!!!!

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:07 pm

Hail to Sweden!! Home of many Elite Black Metal Hordes!! :twisted:
try using the version of Blood found at Frenchkiss Abandonware,One unit whole,if you havent already.I only say this because its the one i use and have had few problems with.Re-install everything from the ground up with that version and see if that helps.Hail Black Circle!!! :twisted:
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

MC

Thanks

Post by MC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:18 pm

Allright thanks :D , i try it hope that it works :? .
Ah yes not Sweden, Swiss :wink: .

ps. when it dont works i come back, need to play blood O.o
one of best games ever ;D.

MC

Hmmm

Post by MC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:29 pm

Hmmm... there i have to download Blood??, but i want to play my own
(one unit whole) blood with plasma pak cryptic passage and all this :(( man (sorry when i understand something wrong i'm not the best in english :oops: ) can you help me ?

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:40 pm

Er,Swiss eh? :oops: Thats kinda near Sweden..... :oops: :D
Anyway,so your already using the One Unit Whole version of Blood? Have you tried mucking around with VDMS settings?

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:47 pm

Ahm i've got the special edition One Unit Whole Blood ( Blood + Plasma Pak + Cryptic Passage) i thinks this is the Version 1.27 or 1.24 ??? Sure 1.2... and, no i dont maked something on the VDMS settings, i dont know where they are :oops: O.o .... ( im not very a PC freak... )
and when i have to do something on the VDMS setting where are they ???

MC

Post by MC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:Ahm i've got the special edition One Unit Whole Blood ( Blood + Plasma Pak + Cryptic Passage) i thinks this is the Version 1.27 or 1.24 ??? Sure 1.2... and, no i dont maked something on the VDMS settings, i dont know where they are :oops: O.o .... ( im not very a PC freak... )
and when i have to do something on the VDMS setting where are they ???
-sorry forgot write name... not that you think im someone other :P

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:05 pm

Unfortunately i dont have Blood installed at the moment,but i think you just right click on the shortcut you downloaded for Blood and the settings are in there.It seems it could have something to do with Service Pack 2.Ill have a muck around and see what i can come up with anyway. :twisted: One thing you could do is uninstall absolutley everything,and install Blood again and see if you can get it to load without all the other stuff {it used to load for me that way} that could help with the troubleshooting.The version of Blood at Frenchkiss is exactly the same as yours,so you wont be missing out on anything,and,like me,youve purchased a copy of Blood so you shouldent feel bad.I just found that that paticular version\copy of Blood gave me little to no problems.Its worrying that Freddy K also used Service Pack 2....
Last edited by Lord Molder on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MC

cool

Post by MC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:08 pm

Thanks you're very ok man ;D

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:34 pm

Try patching Blood to 1.11 if it isnt already {there was a fix `closing save and demo files correctly"} and that sounds like something to do with the problem your having.Also try setting the `Demo" file in the Blood folder to `read only" and see if that helps,if that dosent work,sorry im all out of ideas :( but a full re-install of Frenchkiss version and Build XP setup could do the trick.... :)

MC

Post by MC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:41 pm

Ok i try it, but also a question i settet in the VDMS General MIDI an enable with basic VESA support now it can load something up but the screen is then only black and nothing works...

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:54 pm

In the Blood setup thing,set the video mode to 320x400 and lemme know if you get into the game :twisted:

MC

Post by MC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:07 pm

Hi, you mean 320x200 thanks, but no that also dont works :( i think i have to live without blood :cry: ...

... but i dont give up :D i look what i can do

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Good luck MC!!! :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm.