Run Blood with DOSbox !!!

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

MC

Run Blood with DOSbox !!!

Post by MC » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:35 pm

Hi im it again, MC , i've found out how to launch blood (and other games like: Duke 3d, Shadow Warrior...) on DOSbox! (without BuildXP on www.deathmask.net\buildxp\ )
o.K. follow this steps:

1. download&install latest DOSbox(0.63)version from http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1

2. download&install lates D-Fend(or compatible with your DOSbox version)
from http://members.home.nl/mabus/dfend.htm

3. run D-Fend, it quests you where you saved down your DOSbox,
thats easy, to configurate it comes automaticly a screen to select that...

4. if you dont speak english you can download your language for D-Fend on http://members.home.nl/mabus/dfend.htm,
and save it down in the folder c:\program Files\D-Fend lang and select it when you starts D-Fend by --> Help, Language and make a cross by your language.

5. install the game in a folder you like, i take BLOOD® for example: installed defalut under c:\Blood

6. write the game name under the Profile Name, make a cross by close DOSbox after game exit, by game EXE you have to browse in what a folder you installed the game, example:
c:\blood\blood.exe then go next (click on >> ...)

7. when you know how much cycles your game is needing
then use that, i've toke 25000 for BLOOD. By viedeo card you can late be auto then go next

8. ok, theres a folder, mark it and klick on edit, to change there something...
1. browse your game folder, for example c:\blood
2. do nothing by drive label late it clear !
3. select driveby mount type
4. Mountet drive letter select C
5. then go next

9. by the next bouth (Sound Settings and Memory Settings) you can late be this, its fine like it is...

10. ok, now you created this profile, klick on it and select Edit profile properties, and select (make a cross) by: -->General, Start fullscreen & Auto lock mosue

11. before you start it set your settings in the gamesetup
make exacly that who's write in the tutorial on www.deathmask.net\buildxp\, Step 8, but in the Screen setup
late the default mode (blood is 320x200) then press ESC to exit it and
save the options (press yes...)

12. open D-Fend, select the game profile and klick the blue arrow upside left ( Run selected game ), when you made it right now the game's working...

I hope it's now working on your PC
(on my it si :wink: )
When you find out something, to run BLOOD® better with this method, or got some questions,
please write it down on this forum.

Thanks and Saluts from MC
(and sorry for my bad english :( )

... and now it's time to spill some Blood :twisted:

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:52 pm

Just out of curiosity,what cpu are you using and what kind of frame rate are you getting? :twisted:
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

MC

Post by MC » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:37 pm

I've got an P4 3Ghz 1GB Ram

MC

!!! IMPORTAND !!!

Post by MC » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:04 pm

Sorry... i've dont saw that i downloaded the D-Fend version who's compatible with DOSbox 0.61 (older version) ... sorry so my tutorial dont works really on the newst version of D-Fend, but thats not very terrible the most games are working exacly on the newst also on the oldest version of D-Fend same...

sorry&saluts MC

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:04 pm

Dont forget there is source ports for Duke and Shadow Warrior -i dont mean to keep pushing JonoF but why play in low res\nasty sound if ya dont have to!!?? :D

http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

MC

?¿?

Post by MC » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:02 am

Ohhhm Ahhh what you mean??? :oops:
(sorry im not the best in english)
Ah, yea also an thing i've got the "One Unit whole Blood" -Bloodpack
(version 1.21) this is working without CD, when your game must by playing have insert a CD, you have to do something other...
i can say what you have to do, but i think this games are all working without CD.. or???

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:07 pm

I mean {if you dont know this already} there is a way to run Duke and Shadow Warrior in open gl hi res with better sound,see the link in my previous post!!

p4olo_pink€l

Post by p4olo_pink€l » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:32 am

for real!
yea dude, this was a good hint! thnx a lot, i already tried to get it work for a few hours! DOSBOX & D-FEND RULEZ :lol:
now i need someone to play with online... :twisted:
greetz so far...

MC

Post by MC » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:53 am

Yeah, but it's sometimes laggy when you go in a room where are a lot of enemys :( , but i dont found out what are the perfekt setups, it works good with 25000cycles, more i dont found out, when you know something to run it also a step better, please say it :twisted:

Saluts MC

-i dont know it, but are there a chanse to run it with VDMS, well with my method you can only play it on default viedeo mode (320x200) and it really hurts on my eyes :( , but someone who knows that programs can try it to run it perfect with DOSbox, and write it down on this forum,thanks.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:00 am

Time to setup a duel boot with Win 98SE....... :twisted:

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:06 am

How about trying the latest Dosbox CVS build? Many games work better with that version since it's newer and of course always in beta development.

pot766

Imagine

Post by pot766 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:08 am

for real!
[:X] Now imagine if the world was like that.[:I]

Solo
Cultist

Post by Solo » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:27 pm

Vhat iz zis
Strangers in the night exchanging glances

Solo
Cultist

Post by Solo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:00 pm

I downloaded the link and installed it but it don't work when you click on the blood icon.
It shows stuff loading up then it closes LOL

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:00 pm.
Strangers in the night exchanging glances