2 things, multiplayer.. commit + dukester

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Rogue Martyr

2 things, multiplayer.. commit + dukester

Post by Rogue Martyr » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:42 pm

Hi,

1. Can you use dukester to play blood?

2. has anyone had any probs with any version of commit with blood network game under xp?

i set it up on a friends + my machine no probs... but it doesnt detect commit or netbios on my bros pc..

me + friend have onboard sound.. whereas my bro has network card.. he also has an amd.. while us 2 have intel.. cud this have anything to do with it?? tried upgrading to 1.4 still same prob.. any ideas?

thanks guys,

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:41 am

Mayby PM Kevingpo,he seems to know about this stuff. :)
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Rogue Martyr

Post by Rogue Martyr » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:16 pm

ok,

fixed the commit problems.. didnt enable low level network support on the .vlp tabs! doh!

appart from Blood OUW having poor network performance on both my amd machines xp2000 & xp3200. My intel systems dont seem to have a prob 3000 & 3200. amds show serious lag that only effects them in the game. weird. i have tweaked the performance tabs in all the .vlp shortcuts. Should the pollings be more or less frequent? could it be the sound cards rather than the processors? Does anyone know if there are anymore tweaks that can be done to speed up Buildxp Blood OUW?? would be really interested in others results with buildxp and BOUW..

...still dont know about the dukester tho :S will pm that guy tho Lord M. Cheers for the insight! :)

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:24 pm

You sure sound like you know what youre doing!! :shock: its all Greek (or geek?!!!) to me!! :lol:
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:46 pm

I got multiplayer blood to work on my LAN by editing the vlp shortcut file to point from blood.exe to setup.exe (since you need to use that to start blood) and enabling low level network support with the vlp shortcut file.
Thats all I did and I got a P4 ghz working fine with a 3400 athlon.
Not sure if this helps.

Rogue Martyr
Zombie

Post by Rogue Martyr » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:40 pm

haha,

cheers mate but i've already done all that.

It works apart from the fact the performance on my bros amd machine is appaling over the network.

hes building a new rig soon so we'll try again with awesome raw processing power lol! :P
'Let the festival of Blood continue!'

Rogue Martyr
Zombie

Post by Rogue Martyr » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:11 am

Hi,

Well a long time has passed now and my bro has built his new rig which is still amd but has enough raw processing power to 'push through'...

anyway... this brings new problems... (of course)

My pc will not connect to a network game... they see each other and then the text loads up and gets to 'waiting for other network players' and then just stays there... doesnt actually crash or hang it just sits there waiting.

I have tried both 1.3 and 1.4 commit.. no difference (who said 1.4 supports tcp/ip!?)

tried both Blood 1.0 and OUW, pretty much get the same problem tho 1.0 says something about cannot open socket 0xfff or something so doesnt get as far as OUW.

I'm looking into GIT at the moment but i dont completely understand it...yet tho i shouldnt need this for a network game cuz it was only about a week ago i was playing fluid ipx buildxp Blood OUW!!! :D

Ah well the things we do for this game eh?

Does anyone have any ideas on my problem? as you can see i am so very close!! :O

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:11 am.
'Let the festival of Blood continue!'