Duke3d Build

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

baron247

Duke3d Build

Post by baron247 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:28 pm

I'm trying to use Build for Duke3d. It loads just fine, but when I try to do certain things, it doesn't work. I can make a room in 2D mode, but I can't switch to 3D mode. I can add sprites, but I can't insert a point onto a wall. I have no clue what is going on and it frustrates me.

Does anyone know what might be causing the problem?

Bob the Builder

I have a similar problem

Post by Bob the Builder » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:49 pm

In my case I can open Build in 3d but I cannot switch to 2D. Also the keyboard commands seem to have been messed about - some work such as applying materials, but if I try to scale a material it goes crazy. Did you get any solution to your problem?

brow

Re: I have a similar problem

Post by brow » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:19 pm

Bob the Builder wrote:In my case I can open Build in 3d but I cannot switch to 2D. Also the keyboard commands seem to have been messed about - some work such as applying materials, but if I try to scale a material it goes crazy. Did you get any solution to your problem?
I've come across the same problems you guys have been having. My solution to the problem was to install a program called vmware (its like a virtual computer) and then install windows 98 into vmware (so i can run win98 within xp). If I load up build in win98 i'm able to switch between 2d and 3d modes and I can insert points, etc.

I'm having a problem though....when i switch over to 3d mode, the screen is garbled and I can't really do anything...I know I've run into this problem years ago when I first started using build, but I can't remember how to fix it....any suggestions?

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Not sure if any of you have tried this......

http://www.eduke32.com/

But its an option.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:25 pm.
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!