Please help me get Blood to work on a LAN! NetBios problems!

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Desdinova

Please help me get Blood to work on a LAN! NetBios problems!

Post by Desdinova » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:21 pm

I have followed every guide I have found.

I have enabled low-level networking support on both computers, pointed the shortuct to setup.exe, installed the ipx protocol as detailed on the guide. However, here is my problem.

With my PC, I get to the waiting for players part on the network game, and on the Laptop I get the following error message "Unable to get adapter status - NetBios not supported" or something similar. I am using Commit 1.4 and ipx works fine on other games on both computers.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Huh?

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:38 am

Why in the world would you say that?!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:46 pm

what you need to do is on your vlp shortcut, click on properties then make sure low level or basic networking is enabled.

Re: Huh?

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:34 pm

Anonymous wrote:Why in the world would you say that?!
Why in the world wouldn't I say that?
Anonymous wrote:what you need to do is on your vlp shortcut, click on properties then make sure low level or basic networking is enabled.
Low-level networking is enabled on both computers.

Sidious

Post by Sidious » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:31 am

9. THE NETWORK PART:
a)
get commit.exe version 1.4
b)
commit.vlp: right click on it, and select the "advanced" button. find the "compability" tab. at the bottom, enable "low level network support".
c)
install nwlink ipx/spx transport protocol
to do this:
start->control panel->network connections
right click on the connection u are using. click on "install". chose the right protocol.
to be able to play a multiplayer game in blood, all players must reside in the same ipx network, and the specific network number for that network has to be "00000000" (8 zeros).
to do this:
double click on the ipx/spx protol you just installed.
set internal network number to "00000000" - 8 zeros.
just to be sure everything is ok, go to start->run. type "cmd", which opens the command prompt. type "ipxroute config".
correct settings shows:
IpxLoopbackAdapter 1234cdef
theNameOfYourConnection 00000000
allTheOtherConnections 00000000

last of the last things:
to play multiplayer, you can only have ONE connection activated in "network connections", which is the connection containing the network card that's been given the ip-address from your dhcp-server. If you have more than 1 network card installed on your system, you need to deactivate that connection, or else upon launching commit, blood will search the network and find that network adapter and say: "found 2 players". blood thinks that it's a player, which it of course isn't.

Desdinova

Post by Desdinova » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:33 pm

Thanks for the response - but I followed all your advice and still no joy :(

DOOMLancelot
Zombie

Post by DOOMLancelot » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 pm.
DOOM, Heretic, Hexen, BLOOD, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior; they all rock!