Working on a new beginning

DeathMask news and happenings. Posting only allowed for registered users.

Moderators: Moderators, Administrator

Willis
Master of the Mask

Working on a new beginning

Post by Willis » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:29 am

I'm re-organizing the fourm and I'll be updaing legacy gaming guides which will include an update to the BuildXP guide as well as a new DosBox guide. I'll also try to maintain a list of games which have open source code and therefore modern ported engines. If you have material you would like to see posted or included, please post in the BuildXP/DosBox/Modern Ports forums with "Suggestion:" in the topic.

I'm doing the best I can to keep this a public (guest postable) forum. However, do do so, I am making the primary DeathMask.net forums only postable for registered users. Guests will still incure a captcha visual confirmation as a matter of bot protection.

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:29 pm

Haha nice, really, I like your idea of making the forums a bit bigger.
If its possible I think Guest Posting should only be allowed in the BuildXP thing.

And the validation thingy (That code that guests have to use in order to post) didn't stop some people to make AD topics.

Other than that it's nice to see this forum growing :lol:
Just too bad it's a bit empty :(

Willis
Master of the Mask

Post by Willis » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:19 pm

Guest posting is allowed in all but the the news forum, in which they are only reply to topics started by a board admin (me) which should keep out most of the ads, and the rest will be deleted by moderators. Since reworking everything, I don't think we've had any ad/spam posts yet.

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:48 am

Just on a side note, it's sad how people are not paying attention to the other forum sections :( You should maybe include a link to the forum index on the build xp webiste?

psyren
Rat

Post by psyren » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:27 pm

Last post was 3 years ago? Willis, are you dead?

Why the fuck is this forum still here?

vOid
Cultist

Post by vOid » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Willis is quite busy with work and life. He still responds to emails and pm's however. Deathmask's main forums don't have a community per se (has it ever?). Still people do come here for research, to ask questions, and to respond to posts that are several years old :lol: