Issues running Blood in Windows XP

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Issues running Blood in Windows XP

Post by Guest » Thu May 04, 2006 1:39 am

Now, I've done all of the .vlp alterations, fixing the sounds, etc. before and for some reason, Blood simply crapped out and stopped working. But I've since reinstalled it and it's working as it should.

Aaaaaanyways, I have this problem which only occured on my laptop in recent months. Every time I load up Blood or the mapedit, windows screws up on me. I can still click on everything and everything is still operable with the exception of the fact that the screen is scrambled and it essentially makes it impossible to do anything normally without restarting.

What really perplexes me is that it never used to happen up until recent months. I had it installed last year and it worked perfectly fine, without any error.

I'm sure you can understand how tedious this would be, especially considering that Blood is my favorite FPS of all time and even though I've been playing it since its shareware days, I still haven't gotten bored with it.

I hope that wasn't too much gibberish.

Basically:
-run Blood as per usual
-Windows XP: explorer becomes scrambled
-it's a relatively recent issue
-I'm hoping to fix this problem without having to reformat.

Thanks in advance, even if you can't help but took the time to read.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Thu May 04, 2006 8:11 am

Are you using the same video drivers as when it was working fine?.
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Thu May 04, 2006 9:09 am

Something that I do when my desktop gets fucked up is:

Open Task manager and close "Explorer.exe". After a few minutes start a new Task in the Task manager called....yep Explorer.exe (to relaunch your explorer)

Not a perfect solution but it MIGHT help.

Actually check the Task manager, maybe blood/VDMsound didn't end properly and is still running and fucking up your settings (In that case you might re-install blood and VDMsound)

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 am

Lord Molder wrote:Are you using the same video drivers as when it was working fine?.
That I am.

^^And thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try when I get home from work.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 am.