Sorry *noob questions*

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Sorry *noob questions*

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:40 pm

Sorry but i admit i am a newb to these kinds of things so i had my bro help me but i got a list of questions.
1.Even though i have build xp can i still play addons like Brave new world
2.without jonof is there a way to play duke maps maps because on jonof's the textures screwed up.
3. is there a way besides jono'fs to play wanton destruction because its buggy
4.Good map site and addon one since the repostitory went down.
5. can i play shadow warrior addons and maps without crappy sound same for blood
6.also TC's
7.Where can i find Duke it out in dc and carribean full verison and not for buying
8.Last but not least anyone who uses jono"fs with High res pak does any one now how you use the new unoffical update that can be found on the high resoultion pack website.

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:03 pm

1 Yeah I guess.
Depends, if the AddOns come with their own executeable file, just setup a new VDM conig shortcut for that executeable.

2 The textures on JonoF aren't messed up. Just run the game in the classic 8bit mode and it will be fine

3 Yes there is, install wanton destruction. Then run clip2nob on wanton.grp and maybe wanton.dat (I know for SW you have to run this program on SW.grp and sw.dat) and run wanton.exe with VDM.

You could also write a *.bat file for the jonof port. But then the main menu of Wanton will look the same as in SW. Just select the 2nd episode.

4 I knew a site uhhh but I forgot it, just google something like "Editart tutorial" that site has lots of SW and Duke AddOns

5 Yeah you can with JonoF, just add the mapname in the command file.

6 no idea

7 Secret

8 Uhhh I forgot, I once had it, but didn't like the fact that some stuff would still use the 2D bitmaps (certain dancers would be 2D same with bosses)

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:16 am

Come on tell me the secret, and this whole cmd line and vdm short cut crap doesnt make sense its really confusing. Also i am looking for blood2 without buying it .

Ephemeral
Cultist

Post by Ephemeral » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:46 pm

Guest wrote:Come on tell me the secret, and this whole cmd line and vdm short cut crap doesnt make sense its really confusing.
1. The secret is understanding. The build games are old. They run in DOS. There is no easy way. Sorry if I sound rude here, but it takes a lot of effort to get it run.
Also i am looking for blood2 without buying it.
2. And you need help with that? Geez, there really should be something like an internet drivers license. By the way, getting Blood 2 to run properly is even harder than that "BuildXP crap", as it crashes quite frequently.

yep, I know, "don't feed the trolls", but I couldn't resist...sorry for that.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:03 pm

ok blood 2 never mind but what about duke it out in dc and i am sorry i am not that good with computers and jfsw always crashes when i try to go to this on secret level i am just trying to enjoy my games and also be able to play mods and addons

Ephemeral
Cultist

Post by Ephemeral » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:16 pm

Alright, I don't know how to get that to work. I nobody else answers here, why not try it in Jonof's Forum?

As for Blood 2: I don't really care, maybe you have to get yourself a donkey, or rather a mule. Or was it called emule? Hint! Hint! Get it?

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:27 pm

*cough*shareaza*cough*

Err what?

Blood 2 never crashes for me.
As for Duke it out in DC. I have no idea, I never played it long enough lol just try to set the screen options to 8bit classic renderer. Sometimes a higher bpp can screw up the game (For me at last)

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:54 pm

i dont have dc i am try to find it without *cough buying it cough*

Ephemeral
Cultist

Post by Ephemeral » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:41 pm

Right, I misunderstood that. So, instead of just giving you a download link, which would be rather boring, I now might give thee the power of knowledge: Advanced Google Hacking.

First, the use of quotation marks is quite useful. So instead of typing object of desire in google, type "object of desire". Oftentimes, it does not hurt to add download to that query. If the object of desire is rather specific, i.e. "Shadow my a** in L.A.", it could be a good idea to simplify a bit, so let it be "LA" instead of "L.A."

Now this next step is vital, so listen up: On the Google search page click "Advanced search", and change the language to russian. It doesn't matter if you don't speak russian, as the games' name is often in english(otherwise google wouldn't find it anyway, right?). You could try polish, too, or chinese.

Press search, and: Bingo! There you go :D !

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:46 pm

Anonymous wrote:i dont have dc i am try to find it without *cough buying it cough*
You will miss out mon the kewl t-shirt but.... :)
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:08 pm

Cool jamaican joke mon but i figuired out the wanton destruction thing same thing for command line. but does any one how to get shadow warrior twin dragon to work good,becasue i also figured how to get movies in blood to work.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:16 pm

Ok Ephemeral i tried what you said and i got nothing please god just tell me where it is please mon help jamacia.

Ephemeral
Cultist

Post by Ephemeral » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:26 pm

Patience is a virtue. Sigh...
Click me!

On a side note, I am not a rat anymore! I am now a zombie! Weee! More braaaaiiiins!

@DeM0n:
Blood 2 never crashes for me.
You lucky bastard! I tried in Win98 with degraded Forceware drivers, updated it carefully and lovingly, but still... crash! boom! bang! No luck.

Edit: Oops somthing gone wrong here. Your're right it doesn't work anymore. :scrapes head: What happened here? I will need to inquire farther.
Edit 2: It's late here. I should go sleep. It works exactly like I stated. Sorry for the confusion. If it still doesn't work, post the Google-Link you tried here

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:46 pm

Holy shit, you most likely won't find any of the expansions with google anyway (If you want to be cheap and download them)

http://www.shareaza.com/

Download, install, setup.

Search option "Application"

Search for Duke Nukem 3D

And I guarantee you, there will be a few FULL packs with all addons.

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:44 am

Anonymous wrote:Cool jamaican joke mon but i figuired out the wanton destruction thing same thing for command line. but does any one how to get shadow warrior twin dragon to work good,becasue i also figured how to get movies in blood to work.
That was actually a typo.... :oops: :lol:
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!