Blood won't even start in xp

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Blood won't even start in xp

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:53 pm

I've folowed the guide but when i doubleclick on blood.exe the only thing that happens is a black window that pops up for a split second and then nothing.
Any help vould be greatly apreciated.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:25 pm

You need to double click on the Vlp file you downloaded not blood.exe

Read the Instructions Very Carefully!

Ninjacarrot

Umm

Post by Ninjacarrot » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:50 pm

I'm having the same problem, I swear i've tried everything...im using the Vlp file and I'm getting the same problem as this guy...God >< I've tried DOSBox, I've tried this...almost ready to bust out my old windows 95 if this sucker don't work soon...

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:58 pm

I'm having the same problem... I did follow the instructions to the letter... and everything seemed to be working fine UNTIL I double-clicked the shortcut. Then it looks like it's about to load, and then suddenly it just closes the window and pops back into XP.

HOWEVER, the version of Blood that I am running is Plasma Pak 1.1 (or 1.11). Is this why it isn't working? What do I need to do? Suggestions would be much appreciated :cry:

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:46 am

Try running the game without music, it worked for me. I know it sucks, but it's better than nothing I guess.

retronomicon

same mistake

Post by retronomicon » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:51 pm

i have the same problem, is looks like everything works and then suddenly the startup windows closes and for a very short moment there is this here written in a second dos window:

is there any solution for this problem now, even with no sound it doesn't work :(

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:27 pm

I am up to the setup stage however when i try to open the setup i get

Spawn Error: Error 0

what can i do????

k

Re: same mistake

Post by k » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:40 am

retronomicon wrote:i have the same problem, is looks like everything works and then suddenly the startup windows closes and for a very short moment there is this here written in a second dos window:

is there any solution for this problem now, even with no sound it doesn't work :(
src\demo.cpp(437): File error #11 loading demo file handler

This is because the Dos emulation of WinXP does not reserve enough file handles by default. Solution:
1. Open C:\Windows\System32\Config.NT with notepad
2. Add:
FILES=80
BUFFERS=80
3. Save file

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:37 pm

src\demo.cpp(437): File error #11 loading demo file handler

This is because the Dos emulation of WinXP does not reserve enough file handles by default. Solution:
1. Open C:\Windows\System32\Config.NT with notepad
2. Add:
FILES=80
BUFFERS=80
3. Save file
wow, that's it! THANKS!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:01 am

I have the very same problem as the first post, black screen than blammo, back to XP. I've tried reinstalling and going through each step letter by letter over and over again, no luck. I've tried everything this forum had to offer, still nothing. I'm going to cry if I have to find a copy of Win98 out in the garage and have to dual boot.

Scocasso!

Followed steps - Boood won't work.

Post by Scocasso! » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:33 am

Yes, that provided shortcut did not work for me either, nor did any adjustments I made to the shortcut and clicking on blood.exe didn't work of course.

I just right-click on Blood.exe, then choose "run with VDMS". That worked for me.

If you get tired of right-clicking and just want a shortcut created to put somewhere, look at the VDMS sound Read Me and use the Wizard and it will ask you if you want to create a shortcut and that works, I now use it instead of going to the folder and right-clicking on the Blood.exe file.

The wizard will also update to the newer version of VDMS for you too.

Sidious

Post by Sidious » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:28 am

Using the shortcut provided by the wizard made blood run improperly. havent played blood for months now, but as i check it out now i see that you actually can play blood without making any adjustments to the .vlp files except for adding nolfb.com to the DOS environment. I guess the new version of VDMSound does the trick. however, also check that the midi emulation(when clicking properties on the vlp file) is set to "General MIDI (GM) or GS", or else you might experience some sound problems.

XtReAm

Post by XtReAm » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:48 pm

i tried to right-click on Blood.exe, then choose "run with VDMS" but i got a dos window with a text: DPLMI_mapPhysicalTOLinear() failed. What shoud i do?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:52 pm

If got the same error...

Grasyl

Post by Grasyl » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:56 pm

Try, normal Graphic mod, it workz! :mrgreen: