MIDI Music

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Blood Player

MIDI Music

Post by Blood Player » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:59 am

Hey it's been a while 8)

anyway just like to know if there is a way to get a better Midi music playback quality? I'm using the built in Realtek sound chip and the midi music is on general midi (not sure but I'll look into the details) but it sounds abit crappy like a early sound blaster card back in 1993 is there a way to tweak the midi player so it sounds more like a SB AWE 32 or 64?

any ideas would be great.

Blood Player

Post by Blood Player » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:46 am

oh the RealTek chip is built into my motherboard but windows is using general Midi Emulation so I got that confirmed but another midi emulation with better quality would be interesting to play around with. :|

Sidious

Post by Sidious » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:19 am

I think you're at the wrong place asking that question. Maybe you should try out a Windows forum, or a forum set up by Creative. It's a good question nevertheless, i would love to play blood the AWE 64 Gold midi emulation. If you find a solution, put it here for the rest of us please.
Good luck! :)

Ephemeral
Cultist

Post by Ephemeral » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:00 pm

Is "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth (MIDI)" selected as Output Device in Advanced VDMSound Properties?

Sidious

Post by Sidious » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:32 am

That will not give the same MIDI experience as the good old AWE 64 gold card... :/

Blood Player

Post by Blood Player » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:18 am

yeah you maybe right about asking in a windows forum, the VDMS (I think it's called) dose a good job for sound but I used to have a AWE 64 until it broke down on the speaker jack hole, but for now I'll just play the build games with no MIDI music, but if anyone has some issues with setting up the build games to play on winxp without using dosbox just give me a buzz and I'll try to help. 8)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:18 am.