Blood won't start

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

KroaX

Blood won't start

Post by KroaX » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:00 pm

I got a Problem with starting Blood.

Everytime I execute the Blood.exe it says :

src\loadsave.cpp(501) : File Error #11

Maybe it is a Problem with Java ?

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:37 pm

I have a very similar problem, the message i get is:
"src\demo.cpp(437): File error #11 loading demo file header."

I did all the "Build on XP" stuff correctly, but it just won't start.

(By the way, I am using some cracked version of Blood, but it always worked perfectly on Win98.)

Anyone know what can be done about this?

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:45 pm

I get exactly this message of yours if i delete all savegames in the folder.
The strange thing is that I can play Blood if i emulate it with dosbox.
So it has nothing to do with the game ....

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:25 am

I'd say it's because you have a cracked version of Blood. I am using Blood: One Whole Unit and things are working pretty well. XP and 98 are really different. I had no problems with Blood running on 98 except sound (not using any type of DOS emulator) I would recommend for you just go download an original version that isn't cracked.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:27 am

It is not because it is cracked. I don't have cracked version and I get this message too ....

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:58 pm

I get exactly this message of yours if i delete all savegames in the folder.
The strange thing is that I can play Blood if i emulate it with dosbox.
So it has nothing to do with the game ....
thank you for the idea: i saved a game in the shareware version of blood, then i went to the one unit whole blood directory, renamed the file blood.cfg to blood.cf_g, then copied the shareware file (blood.cfg) into the one unit whole blood directory. this stopped the file header errors i was getting, and the game works.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:38 pm

i've just read this thread, so where do i get that shareware version of blood .. ? it's just not that easy ;)

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:23 am

You can get shareware version at GR: http://www.gamerevolution.com/download/pc/blood

ephemeral

solved!

Post by ephemeral » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:29 am

I had this problem for a long time. it was hard to find out, but it is easy to change. It has nothing to do with java or anything. It is just that the vdms settings get overridden by config.nt in your systems32 folder. In this file, find the last line, which says "files=20" and change it to "files=40". Thats it!

To be able to see this file you have to change the folder options in control panel. Check "Display the content of system folders", select "Show hidden files and folders", uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes", uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".

itti
Bat

Post by itti » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:40 pm

OMG you ARE the man... i´ve been getting this error for "years" now (at least it feels like years) and the simple change in the files variable has fixed it all. i love you!

ephemeral

Post by ephemeral » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:28 am

Thx! I'm glad I could help. This really should be in the BuildXp instructions. I always wondered why it wasn't, thought maybe I was the only one having this problem. Willis?

ProjektorBoy

Post by ProjektorBoy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:42 pm

While this thread is here I've got a similar issue with Blood not starting.

When I run the preconfigured shortcut file the blood.exe will load and do its preload for all the configuration parameters, then I'll get a black fullscreen, then the program terminates without an error.

I've doublechecked my sound card configuration, and even manually gone into the config files for Blood itself to verify that they are good. I've patched with CLI2NOP, and the game is in the proper directory. Yet the game fails right after subsystem init every time.

I'm running Windows2000 SP4 by the way, any suggestions?

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 am

I get that sometimes....the last time it happened i lowered the sound sample rate and number of voices and it worked!!! :?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 am.
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!