Blood Crashes on Certain Actions [One Unit Whole v1.21]

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

Hobbs

Blood Crashes on Certain Actions [One Unit Whole v1.21]

Post by Hobbs » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:35 am

O.K. I've followed the BuildXP tutorial for Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, and even got Witchaven to work using it, and have almost no problems. However, on one computer, sometimes Blood will bomb out if I do certain things. Nothig that prevents me from finishing the game, but accesing secrets, and it' just annoying. To describe it: Some white-on-black text appears (too fast to read) and Blood just exits to my desktop with no error. Any idea whats causing this? Oh yeah, my hardware specs bellow (if that helps):

Intel Pentium III, 600 Mhz
128 MB PC100 SDRAM
nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440, 64 MB RAM
ESS Allegro PCI Audio
Windows XP Professional Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:23 am

First of,how in hell did you get Witchaven working!! ive been trying to get that up for a while now :shock: And dont forget there`s ports for Shadow and Duke now.And did you patch Blood with the latest? Are you any relation to Peter Hobbs?!! :) Also there is a patch for Soundblaster users mentioned in the tutorial somewhere,try patching Blood with that {from what i remember its no fuss to undo if it fubar`s your game}
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:17 pm

Lord Molder wrote:First of,how in hell did you get Witchaven working!! ive been trying to get that up for a while now :shock:
Firstly I have to not use NOLFB.COM and run it in chunky vision. Second.. wait, there is no second, I just ran it after that using the BuildXP tutorial.
Lord Molder wrote:And dont forget there`s ports for Shadow and Duke now.
I don't really care for them...
Lord Molder wrote:And did you patch Blood with the latest?
I should do that...
Lord Molder wrote:Are you any relation to Peter Hobbs?!! :)
No, sorry.
Lord Molder wrote:Also there is a patch for Soundblaster users mentioned in the tutorial somewhere,try patching Blood with that {from what i remember its no fuss to undo if it fubar`s your game}
I should try that too.

Hobbs
Bat

Post by Hobbs » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:18 pm

I hate guest posting...
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:25 am

I dont care for it either... :?
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!