This place is dead!!!

All things Blood 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord Molder
Cultist

This place is dead!!!

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:34 pm

So i take we all think Blood 2 ROCKS!!!!!?????
`theres no place like home....Eheheeee!

Ninja_of_DooM
Cultist

Post by Ninja_of_DooM » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:53 pm

Uh-huh.:D I need to get my mitts on a copy. I've only got the demo. There's a copy on Amazon somewhere though.:)

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:40 pm

I was having ecstatic fits when my copy of Blood 2 turned up on my doorstep........second most dissapointing game of my life.It just dont have the dirty charm of the 1st one.I also had some nasty crashing towards the middle of the game,but i spose i did get some enjoyment out of it.The Lithtec engine just feels real clunky to me :evil: It cant touch the original Blood :twisted:

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:56 pm

Thinking back i actually had some serious issues getting Blood 2 to run,first on Win 98 and again on XP,what fixed it was installing Nightmare levels,musta patched it or somink. :?:

madbrain
Rat

Post by madbrain » Fri May 27, 2005 11:42 am

Lithtech is a complete b*lls*it. In my opinion it's the worst engine ever made. I didn't like blood2 itself too much but considering that it's running on lithtech destroyed the last piece of positive experience I might have had with the game. Furthermore, unlike original Blood, it tries to be very "realistic". Lord Molder is right. The most disappointing game of his (and my) life. If there's something that really stands for it in Blood 2, it's music by Guy Whitmore and of course Stephen Weyte's amazing Caleb's voice. In fact the only thing that made me play blood 2 to the end was music. Blood 2 looks up to it's older brother (the one which is macabrous, bloody, funny and worth of life) from deep down below.

That's it! :evil:
Lord Madbrain

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:37 am

I made the mistake of buying Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza the other day,EEwwe! Ive finished original Blood and add ons countless times,Blood 2 only once-and forcing myself all the way.......

Same thing

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:47 am

madbrain wrote: I didn't like blood2 itself too much but considering that it's running on lithtech destroyed the last piece of positive experience I might have had with the game.
:lol::lol: Hahaha, cant believe it! I was going to say -Exactly- that a minute ago! :lol::lol:

Solo
Cultist

Post by Solo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:13 am

Well Blood 2's graphics surely did top that of Quake 2's.
Strangers in the night exchanging glances

Lord Molder
Cultist

Post by Lord Molder » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:40 pm

Solo wrote:Well Blood 2's graphics surely did top that of Quake 2's.
Try Quake 2 with one of the source ports..... :wink:

Solo
Cultist

Post by Solo » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:09 am

Know effence guys but I found Blood 2 to be just as fun as the first.
In some parts funner.
Of course I guess this sort of thing gose on around about doom 3 as well.
Every one is intitled to there own thoughts :)
Strangers in the night exchanging glances

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Thu May 25, 2006 11:17 pm

It's still a nice game. I just can't imagine that the people you are shooting in this game are supposed to be cultists. Idk I really loved to listen to the cultists in the first Blood.

It runs fine for me on XP just a few graphic issues (eg If I don't set the detals from high to medium and then from medium to high I get chunky graphis) and lol I just like moved some table in a room and walked away and suddenly the very same table appears to be "in" my character, so I tried to be smart and shot the table...well point for the table, because I died...lmao

And then these things in the sewers, they crawled up my face (Much like proto slimes from Duke Nukem) and wtf they wouldn't go away lol.

But other than that, it's still a fun game. And the first full fledged 3d FPS I can run on my laptop without any issues (Apart from Serious Sam gold edition)