Blood and Crpyt xp sp2 working with sound, music no lag.

Discussion about using or improving the BuildXP guide.

Moderator: Moderators

drinkingbuddy
Rat

Blood and Crpyt xp sp2 working with sound, music no lag.

Post by drinkingbuddy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:03 am

Hey boys

I've been scouring these forums trying to get blood to work for the past few days and was having no luck at all. Untill just a few hours ago i realised that i had been using an incompatable version of blood and after reading the posts of many people experiencing difficulties i feal that many you may have done the same.

As you all know Blood is extreamly fickle on Xp SP2 but ive finally got working perfectly, sound, music, and no lag on my machine. I've repacked blood with everything you need to run the game. All you have to do is extract it to c:\games\blood and run either the blood or cryptic vdm shortcuts. Just put the link in the adress par go to free and download it

Enjoy buddies, I hope this pans out for you
Drinkingbuddy
*link removed*

Willis
Master of the Mask

Post by Willis » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:25 am

Same here, I can't allow entire game downloads.

Siegfried777

It works!!

Post by Siegfried777 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:38 pm

Hey!

I just wanted to let you know that the game works perfectly!! Blood and Cryptic Passage both run great with sharp graphics and flawless sound and music!! Previously, I wasn't even able to get CP to run on Windows 95 with my Pentium 2 processor, and even after following all applicable directions, couldn't get Blood to run with sound and music on Windows XP!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this! Being able to play these classic games again has been a dream come true.

I'm disappointed that the link was removed, everyone should be able to enjoy these classic games with full audio and video capability. :|

DeM0n
Cultist

Re: It works!!

Post by DeM0n » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:16 am

Siegfried777 wrote:Hey!

I just wanted to let you know that the game works perfectly!! Blood and Cryptic Passage both run great with sharp graphics and flawless sound and music!! Previously, I wasn't even able to get CP to run on Windows 95 with my Pentium 2 processor, and even after following all applicable directions, couldn't get Blood to run with sound and music on Windows XP!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this! Being able to play these classic games again has been a dream come true.

I'm disappointed that the link was removed, everyone should be able to enjoy these classic games with full audio and video capability. :|
Just use a torrent, not like it's impossible to find :P

pennywise1313
Rat

Post by pennywise1313 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:19 pm

hello, I managed to get ahold of the torrent and extracted it like I'm told...However when I go to right click and save the blood.vlp shortcuts, they save as text documents...as I doing something wrong? I tried extracting the files to c:\games\blood.....and even c:\games since upon extracting everything is saved in a file marked "blood".

Please help me figure this out. I've been dying to play this game on XP and I'm THIS close to having it work out....I think I found the right torrent...it's sized at 24 MB and just extracts, so I think it's correct.

Thank you in advance for any guidance anyone can give. please forgive, I'm a total tool when it comes to PCs so further clarified instructions might benefit me as well..