Shadow Warrior MAPs

This forum is about discussing modern ports for games which have been blessed with open source code.

Moderator: Moderators

DeM0n
Cultist

Shadow Warrior MAPs

Post by DeM0n » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:02 pm

Not sure where to put this as this isn't related to the buildxp guide.

I lost my original SW CD (God knows where it is now) so I had to download a torrent of SW (I own the original game, so it's awwwright I guess and if not, meh w/e).

Ok so that torrent came with

SW 1.2 Registered
3 Documents
Soundtrack
Map Pack <- Very interesting.

Having a lousy short term memory I totally forgot how you used to run custom maps in JonoF SW.
I know there was a command line you added when you started the game. Does anyone remember it?

----------------------------------------------

Next question.
I don't know how many of you know about this, but SW and Duke3D also came with some nifty Build tools. One of them being KEXTRACT which allowed you to extract files from the *.GRP files. (GRP files just contain about everything the game needs to run, maps, sprites, etc).

I noticed that, when extracting Shadow Warrior and Wantan Destruction that the maps had the same names.

Map 1 from SW and Map 1 from WT had the very same name
Map 2 from SW and Map 2 from WT had the very same name.

I noticed the same when I made Twin Dragon runable with JonoFs Shadow Warrior port, all the maps had the exact same names.

Now, I do have this mappack, and none of the maps have the names that you normally find in the GRP files.

Now I want to know:
Do I have to rename the maps from the mappack to the names of the maps found in the GRP?

Info would be appreciated. I'd look into this myself but it proves to be rather annoying to do this...

DeM0n
Cultist

Post by DeM0n » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:07 pm

Also it would be cool to know which maps in the original SW.grp file are the maps from the shareware episode
And which maps are meant for multiplayer.

If I have to rename the maps from the mappack and put them into a new GRP file I do not want to overwrite the shareware episode maps/Netplay maps (The latter one are rather useless in single player mode)